Copying game files from different PC (Forza Horizon 5) Microsoft Store & Xbox Client Glitch

Discus and support Copying game files from different PC (Forza Horizon 5) Microsoft Store & Xbox Client Glitch in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; [img] Good day, I have two different venues where I can access internet, the one being a lot faster than the other. I fully downloaded the Forza... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DevanSteyn, Nov 10, 2021.

1. DevanSteyn
    DevanSteyn Guest

Copying game files from different PC (Forza Horizon 5) Microsoft Store & Xbox Client Glitch

Copying game files from different PC (Forza Horizon 5) Microsoft Store & Xbox Client Glitch [​IMG]
    Good day,

I have two different venues where I can access internet, the one being a lot faster than the other.

I fully downloaded the Forza Horizon 5 game on my secondary PC so that I can transfer there to my main PC. I accessed the MicrosoftApps folder and copied over the data in "MSIXCV", which is the FH5 game folder data. Once copied over to the main pc, I started the install and let it run for a while, then I closed the Xbox app and copied over the data replacing all the files. Once finished I opened up the Xbox app again and pressed resume. The Xbox app however stayed on downloading 0% and made two instances under the download tab in the Xbox app.

I then pressed cancel installation on both the Xbox app and the Microsoft store, I reset the Microsoft Store cache, uninstall and reinstalled the Gaming Services under PowerShell (as found on one of the Microsoft guides). Once opening the Xbox app the FH5 is gone, but it still pops up under the Microsoft store regardless of what I do. So then once I try to download FH5 again on the Xbox app it keeps throwing out the instances (presuming its getting the data from the Microsoft store to do this mess).

I am therefore completely unable to even download the game freshly from the Xbox app.

What on earth must I do now? Both apps are just broken by a simple files transfer, even after deleting the files they apps remain busted?

Microsoft is the ONLY gaming platform that doesn't allow one to transfer files between PCs? Its hurting paying customers and doesn't hurt piracy? I can come to no justification why Microsoft, a trillion dollar company can't do something this simple and how one of their biggest apps can be left completely busted by something this simple.

:)

DevanSteyn, Nov 10, 2021
  2. DevanSteyn Win User

I uninstalled the Xbox app. Now the Microsoft Store still shows the Forza Horizon 5 downloads and I'm unable to download the Xbox app, I keep pressing 'install' but nothing happens. The entire Microsoft store seems to be broken now.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Managed to get the Xbox app installed, same problem as mentioned before.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Bence welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. A lot of users are reporting the Forza 5 issue not being able to install it on a different device, I suggest uninstalling the app completely! Everytime that it tried to give me a hard time I do this and it works wonders! Here are the steps!

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/remo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

when installing from gamepass or windows store they are placed in the encrypted folder, the installation will only work for that one windows install, you have to install for each machine, they cannot be moved from pc to pc.

if you ever reinstall the OS you would have to redownload all the gamepass/windows store games again too.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Lamborghini DLC

Thank you for your response. If you want to play the game Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox app, you will need to purchase the Xbox game version on the Microsoft Store:

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/Forza-Ho...

Since you have purchased the game on Steam, you can only play it on the Steam Launcher. You won't be able to find your Steam games on the Xbox app library as they have their respective launchers.

Remember that Steam and Xbox PC are 2 different gaming clients.
Thema:

1. Copying game files from different PC (Forza Horizon 5) Microsoft Store & Xbox Client Glitch - Similar Threads - Copying game files

2. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  3. I was hoping to purchase a digital copy of a game that’s on the Xbox store but says not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was hoping to purchase a digital copy of a game that’s on the Xbox store but says not...: Overlord 1 and 2 is on the Xbox store and I was hoping to buy it but it says it’s not currently available and I was hoping I could get my hands on it I use to play it when I was younger and was...
  4. How to copy game file to another PC? (GAMEPASS)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to copy game file to another PC? (GAMEPASS): Me and my brothers live in the same house and using different PC. We are trying to save bandwidth by only downloading on 1 PC, then copying the game file to another 2 PCs. Downloading 1 game...
  5. Why can't I copy a game to my external drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I copy a game to my external drive: Why can't I copy a game to my external bf1c0fe2-a641-465f-b56f-5c20812f364a
  6. How to Copy Xbox App Game to Another PC Without Redownloading ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Copy Xbox App Game to Another PC Without Redownloading ?: It's a tough thing to download games in Egypt due to the limited internet quota that the internet companies provide so I need a way to share the game files with my friends to be able to enjoy my...
  7. Physical copy of a digital game unable to work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Physical copy of a digital game unable to work: Hi there, My question is about the physical version of a game not working as intended. But context so a few months ago I brought the digital versions of the batman arkham trilogy. Until I could...
  8. Mortal kombat 11 physical copy story mode not showing up in manage games and add on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mortal kombat 11 physical copy story mode not showing up in manage games and add on: Mortal kombat 11 story mode not showing up in manage games and add on 3ab55318-c4a0-4fb7-874e-538b6a4b91f8
  9. I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...: Sorry I am not familiar with Xbox or gaming, I just want to know if i delete this game from my Xbox XS, will it still be on my Xbox one? The game was originally bought on the Xbox one, i just...
  10. Xbox game bars option to copy link has disappeared, how to do I get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bars option to copy link has disappeared, how to do I get it back?: To upload my clips from windows to my mobile xbox app it was simply just copy link and it would apear on my app in the captures option. Now the copy link option has disappeared and only and upload...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Forza horizon 5 back up xbox apps Microsoft store?