Convoluted cancellation process has me jumping through hoops with no solution.

Discus and support Convoluted cancellation process has me jumping through hoops with no solution. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to cancel Xbox Live Gold but I am being made to do some properly tedious and infuriating tasks to do so, without any joy. I wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UncleVagrant, Sep 1, 2017.

1. UncleVagrant
    UncleVagrant Guest

I've been trying to cancel Xbox Live Gold but I am being made to do some properly tedious and infuriating tasks to do so, without any joy.

I wanted to cancel and today I got the notification that I have auto-renewed. The billing is not until the 15th of this month and yet I am being told that I can't cancel, regardless of what menus I go into. Some menus inform me that I should click "Turn
    of auto-renew" but that option isn't there. Some state that I should look for the subscription and hit cancel but I can't because it says it is paid. Total nonsense if the payment hasn't been billed yet. I'm furious. This has taken up a ridiculous amount of
    time for something that should be easy! Ironic considering that this was a chief reason that I wanted to cancel in the first place!

Can someone please tell me what a person is supposed to do with this level of awkward customer service? Is this intentional so I just pay up and continue even if I'm not using the services? Utter nonsense.

:)

UncleVagrant, Sep 1, 2017
  2. rma316
    rma316 Guest
    11 Perk Achievement Help

It will also let me get all the achievements on a single character without jumping through a bunch of hoops.

rma316, Sep 1, 2017
  3. staples0175
    staples0175 Guest
    Free Fall map says unavailable

Activision told me to uninstall the game and all addons and shut off the Xbox for 10 mins, place the disc back into the xbox, then proceed to re-install the updates. They said it should work itself out. If not, go back to their support and ANOTHER agent
    will help me out. Jumping through hoops boys and girls...jumping through hoops. I'll post an update after all of those steps are completed.

staples0175, Sep 1, 2017
  4. Convoluted cancellation process has me jumping through hoops with no solution.

Hi there,

Turning off auto-renew is suppose to be the way to cancel the subscription. All the steps can be found

here.

If you're not seeing it, try giving phone support a call so they can assist you with canceling the service. Go

here
    to get the number in your region.

Mistress Sara, Sep 1, 2017
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

Turning off auto-renew is suppose to be the way to cancel the subscription. All the steps can be found

here.

If you're not seeing it, try giving phone support a call so they can assist you with canceling the service. Go

here
    to get the number in your region.
  6. Photonimus Win User

Saving my Xbox live account

Phone Support can sometimes force a switch from their end.... But the hoops to jump through, and the patience testing you need to endure to get through the process are drastic, and not for the faint of heart.
  7. Eggnogga Win User

Forza 5 ships unplayable.

[quote user="Sunburst Univox"]

i don't wanna jump through hoops to play a game that i just bought. these people never learn..

[/quote]Being connected to the Internet is "jumping through hoops" ?? Really?! You managed to jump through that hoop to post this comment, I'm sure you'll manage that one-time connection with Forza 5.
  8. rma316 Win User

11 Perk Achievement Help

It will also let me get all the achievements on a single character without jumping through a bunch of hoops.
  9. Stryker91 Win User

What the Hell Micro$oft? A cancelling of Tags

Same thing happened to me I had to jump through hoops to get my gamertag back, Xbox support was no help
Thema:

1. Convoluted cancellation process has me jumping through hoops with no solution. - Similar Threads - Convoluted cancellation process

2. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  3. I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...: Hi , I accidentally cancelled my subscription and I had funds now I can't resubscribe. Please help says you completed and took my funds. b9cb9bf1-61d7-4293-9170-e9c41d043a25
  4. How do I cancel unauthorized account and get refund.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I cancel unauthorized account and get refund.: Trying to cancel an unauthorized account. Get full refund. Can't get ahold of a live person for help. Contacted bank. I've added a password as they wanted. They're asking for a pin. $1 charge, the...
  5. How do I cancel Xbox live without having access to my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I cancel Xbox live without having access to my account: Saturday night I tried to log into my Xbox account only to be met with a message saying it had been locked due to “suspicious activity” and requested a verification code from my mums old phone...
  6. Hi! I’m try to cancel a fortnite subscription on my Xbox but when I go to unsubscribe to it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi! I’m try to cancel a fortnite subscription on my Xbox but when I go to unsubscribe to it...: When I go to unsubscribe to it on “account.Microsoft.com” I can’t do anything because it just keeps refreshing. Please help me! d3d57348-f67e-4fe5-bbde-ab9035f05660
  7. Why Is my order cancelled?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Is my order cancelled?: I ordered a Xbox Series S 1TB on 25th January it was supposed to be here today, I went to track it a few days ago and it's saying cancelled? What's going on with my order?...
  8. If I buy game pass ultimate, will it cancel my game pass core.

in XboX Insiders
    If I buy game pass ultimate, will it cancel my game pass core.: If I buy game pass ultimate for 14 days but I currently have game pass core for 12 months. After the game pass ultimate expires will the game pass core start again. submitted by...
  9. Subscription cancellation and refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Subscription cancellation and refund: I’ve been wrongly charged twice for a game server rental that i cancelled over 2 months ago. I’ve double checked my subscriptions page, it says it’s cancelled and even tells me I’ve only been...
  10. Microsoft cancelled controller repair when they received it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft cancelled controller repair when they received it: I sent my under warranty controller to Microsoft and they cancelled the order. They did not let me know via e-mail. I only realized it was cancelled when I selected the controller in my devices on...