Convert gamer profile from Xbox live to local-only (for Xbox 360 offline use)

Discus and support Convert gamer profile from Xbox live to local-only (for Xbox 360 offline use) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there a way to convert my live account, with all its associated saves and achievements, to an offline-only account? I understand that I would... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by steelmercury, Mar 22, 2022.

1. steelmercury
    steelmercury Guest

Is there a way to convert my live account, with all its associated saves and achievements, to an offline-only account? I understand that I would forfeit DLCs associated with my live account. I'd like to see if this is an option before starting a new offline account from scratch.

If there's no mechanism to do this yet, it would be great to have one in place--Microsoft should develop the option.

Background: I'm on the Xbox 360 and am experiencing error code 80151103, which removed my profile completely from my Xbox. I'm hoping Microsoft will fix this problem, but I expect similar problems to happen in the future, and even less support for fixes impacting the 360 (if any). I want to protect myself and still enjoy the 360 in the future. Microsoft not addressing the problem directly, or worse, customer service reps saying "it's too old to support," doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

I love the 'old' system and use it for couch co-op and non-backward-compatible retro games that are on disc. I don't have any interest in the newer web-reliant consoles--partly because of problems like 80151103, and because one has to keep upgrading consoles just about every other year nowadays ($$$) to continue getting good tech support.

Many thanks all.

:)

steelmercury, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Steelmercury! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You can't convert an account to a offline, technically while the console has no access to the network you are in an offline account already with the same account
  3. steelmercury Win User

Thanks Ricardo. Looks like it's not going to be added to Microsoft's to-do list, so we'll have to just remove wi-fi or ethernet access from the Xbox 360 as a workaround. That's a shame, cause I know quite a few people use their console for Netflix, etc.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

I am having trouble importing local profiles from my xbox 360 to my xbox one. Trying to play carcassonne but cannot seem to download family members profiled. These profiles are linked to my account and don't have separate accounts of their own.

Hey Marlislush,

Thanks for the post! Local Xbox 360 profiles do not transfer over to Xbox One via backward compatibility. If you would like these profiles to carry over, I recommend converting those profiles to Xbox Live profiles so that they can be signed into your Xbox
    One console. For steps to convert offline Xbox 360 profiles,
    click here

Feel free to keep us posted!
  5. Elohmn Win User

how do i connect?

DampishOrchid8, hey welcome.

A few things need to be clarified. Did you at any time either Delete an existing Xbox LIVE Account or use another console in which the Profile for Xbox LIVE was originally on? The Profile that you are trying to use on your Xbox 360,
    is it an Xbox LIVE Profile or maybe an Offline (Local Storage only) Profile that you named after an existing Xbox LIVE Profile?

If it is just an Offline Profile (it will have a Silver "bar" along the top and state "Offline"), it is not an Xbox LIVE Profile. You will need to Recover an Exiting Xbox LIVE Profile or create a new one. For example, the Profile
    you are using to Post from these Forums is an Xbox LIVE Profile. If you used the Recover Feature on your Xbox 360 Dashboard with the Email/ Password you Signed in with here, this Profile would then reside on your Xbox 360 Console.

To explain this a little different, I'll use my Profile "LostKauz". If I used an Xbox 360 that was new to myself, it would not have any Profile on it. If I Created an Offline Profile (it would only exist on that Local Storage Device) and called it "LostKauz"
    it would not be my Online Xbox LIVE Profile of "LostKauz". It may share the GamerTag Name but that would be it. If I tried to Join Xbox LIVE with that Offline Profile of 'LostKauz" it would ask for an Email and Password, since it is not a real Xbox LIVE Profile.

In order for you to Recover your Xbox LIVE Profile you will need to know the Windows LIVE ID Associated with the Account/ Profile (Email and Password).
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

how to transfer game saves from my xbox 360 to my xbox one

The only way to transfer saves over is to upload them to the cloud via a 360 console, so your profile would have to be an Xbox Live one, not an offline profile.

I can't find an active support page for how to convert an offline profile to an Xbox Live one, but here's an archive of it: -

https://web.archive.org/web/2017101...ertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag

So, I assume you would need to convert your profile, pay for Gold/Ultimate, then you can upload your saves to the cloud via your 360, then sign into that profile on your Xbox One and as you launch backwards compatible 360 games, the saves would automatically sync over Xbox Live.
Thema:

1. Convert gamer profile from Xbox live to local-only (for Xbox 360 offline use) - Similar Threads - Convert gamer profile

2. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  3. Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365: In Aug-2020 I purchased a copy of MS Flight Simulator and have the email receipt and order number. I only have and have ever had one email address, which is from a business I own. In 2020 I...
  4. Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's

in XBoX on Windows
    Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's: I have a HDMI splitter for possibly connecting two TV's to one Xbox series X and I was wondering if there is a way to input new coding to make split screen on one TV to full screen using two...
  5. convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters

in XBoX on Windows
    convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters: How do I convert a 16 character Fortnight vbucks card to 25 charaters? dd004f24-34e5-4277-90b9-f971fab47602
  6. I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?: Service Unavailable (microsoft.com) Error message: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. 40182fce-ab9b-4574-b990-ad552c9f69bd
  7. Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?: I am playing "Klondike" in the Solitaire & Casual Games Collection. And have received coins in daily challenges. If there's no way to, still inform me. So I won't have a false hope....
  8. How do I convert core to gold so I can play crossplay online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I convert core to gold so I can play crossplay online: How do I convert core to gold so I can crossplay online? ba4f900c-349b-4349-8f63-b64c09296f4d
  9. Xbox Series X from USA, needs Converter en Argentina?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X from USA, needs Converter en Argentina?: Hi! I bought an Xbox Series X in the USA and i wanted to know if i could plug it directly to the 220v electric current of argentina, or if i have to buy a converter. The lable in the console says...
  10. Unable to convert Offline account to a Gamer Tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to convert Offline account to a Gamer Tag: I've tried to follow: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag 1) Sign in to the profile that you want to convert from an offline profile...