Controllers won't sync up with Series X console.

Discus and support Controllers won't sync up with Series X console. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've encountered an issue with my Xbox controller disconnecting occasionally from my Series X. The home button on the controller flashes as if unable... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CreeperL98, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Controllers won't sync up with Series X console.

I've encountered an issue with my Xbox controller disconnecting occasionally from my Series X. The home button on the controller flashes as if unable to sync with the console. I tried to plug a PowerA wired controller in, but it wouldn't connect to the console. I even tried using a USB with my Xbox brand controller, but it still just flashed its home button like before. After a full shut down of the console, both the Xbox and PowerA controllers worked as intended.
    The fact that this issue affected both wired and wireless connections points to an issue with drivers in the console, not the controller firmware.

submitted by /u/CreeperL98
    [link] [comments]

/u/CreeperL98, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Rishabh0067 Win User

Can someone help me re sync my controllers ?

Sync the Controller:
    To sync a wireless controller with your Xbox, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on.
    Press and hold the small sync button on the front of the Xbox Series X console (located near the USB port).
    While holding the sync button on the console, press and hold the sync button on the controller (located on the top near the Xbox button).
    Release both sync buttons when the controller's Xbox button starts flashing. The controller should now be synced with the console.
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

My controller isn't syncing even with new batteries

Have you tried syncing it using a USB cable? If it won't sync that way either, does it work wired?

Do you have a friend with an Xbox One/Series console? If so, try your controller on their console and their controller on your console. That will narrow the issue down so you know if it's the controller or console that's at fault.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

What doesn't my stupid controller work or play when it plugged in the wall but as soon as you plug it In to the xbox it works!!!!!¿¿¿ makes no sense bc the xbox gets it power from the wall

Hi,

If you're attempting to do what I think you you are, it won't work. As soon as you connect a cabled Xbox One or Series X|S controller to a different USB connector it will try to data sync/connect to that device and will disconnect from the previous device. This is why it is recommended that you charge the controller during play directly with the console.
  5. vincentgallegos Win User

Controller connected but not working

Having a similar issue myself. Recently got 20th anniversary controller. My son changed the batteries and it won't work now. It'll turn on the console but won't control anything.

I synced it with my phone and it works. After that, I re-synced it with the console. It appears to sync, but no functionality. Won't show up as a connected device either.

Update: I just got it to work. Multiple re-sync attempts and leaving the console unplugged for about ten min.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Do I need a new controller?

Hello ÚÑKÑØẄÑ ©, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox Series X controller. Here are some possible solutions you could try:

Restart your Xbox console: Press and hold the power button on your Xbox console until it turns off. Next, disconnect the Xbox Series X from its power source. Turn off the Xbox controller and remove its batteries. Finally, connect and turn on your Xbox Series X.

Restart the controller: Press and hold the power button on the controller for several seconds until it turns off. Then turn it back on.

Pair the controller with the console again: Press and hold the sync button on the console until the power button flashes. Then, press and hold the sync button on the controller until the lights on the controller flash.

Best regards.
Thema:

Controllers won't sync up with Series X console.

1. Controllers won't sync up with Series X console. - Similar Threads - Controllers won't sync

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  5. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  6. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...
  7. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  8. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  9. My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...: I tried to turn on my xbox with my controller and it didn't work I when to press the button and it didn't come up on the tv so I searched it up and it said power cycle and change batteries I did...
  10. Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox 360. The controller doesn'tseem to want to connect to the console for some reason. I can turn on the console with the controller but it won't actually connect. I...