Controllers unable to control after power on

Discus and support Controllers unable to control after power on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two controllers now that are able to turn on the console (Xbox One X), but then are not able to do anything after that. They stay on and are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoshuaNemecek, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Controllers unable to control after power on

I have two controllers now that are able to turn on the console (Xbox One X), but then are not able to do anything after that. They stay on and are fully charged. Even plugging in the controllers with USB fails to establish a connection. The sync button fails to sync. How can I get these controllers to connect?

:)

JoshuaNemecek, Jun 2, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

The first option is to update your controller's firmware:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If not, request repair.

The joystick has a 90-day warranty, microsoft does not carry out out-of-date repairs.

If it is within the deadline, request the repair:

it is necessary to register the product on the microsoft website and open a work order.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

if you have any questions, follow this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. JoshuaNemecek Win User

Two controllers stop working within a week of each other and after an update, and you're going to claim it's an independent hardware issue on both controllers? Please use your critical thinking skills and read the actual issue.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

For it to be the update the issue needs to occur on other users, and it still would have occurred concurrently on both controllers at the same time. As a player I can only instruct, but if you believe that the update is the problem, the only option is to wait for a new update to fix it.
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Controller wont turn on

Hey sonyarios

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with powering on your controller.

Since you are unable to power on your controller, I would recommend connecting it to a PC and try to

updating the controller
    to see if that helps with powering on the controller.

However, even if after connecting your controller to your PC this accessory still will not turn on then you can

request a controller replacement
    if your controller is still in warranty [which you will be able to verify before you can request one.

I hope this helps.
  6. MissEdi Win User

Xbox one shutting off by itself and quick access menu popping up on its own

Hi again, Reppoc12!

Just to clarify, are you currently able to power on the console with the power button on the console itself, or are you unable to power on the console via your controller? If your controller is not syncing with your console, then
    we'd recommend following the steps in the
    Troubleshoot Wireless Controller
    guide to help troubleshoot this process.
Thema:

1. Controllers unable to control after power on - Similar Threads - Controllers unable control

2. Unable to submit repair/replace request for Xbox S controller, please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to submit repair/replace request for Xbox S controller, please help!: My Xbox controller has really bad left stick drift, after trying all the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail, it was suggested to request a replacement controller. I tried to submit this...
  3. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  4. Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development: Hello, I have a couple of questions: 1.I am having difficulty accessing the three NDA topics on this page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/quick-links/hardware. All three...
  5. Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development: Hello, I have a couple of questions: 1.I am having difficulty accessing the three NDA topics on this page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/quick-links/hardware. All three...
  6. Unable to contact support over Xbox Design Labs broken new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to contact support over Xbox Design Labs broken new controller: I ordered an Xbox design lab controller that showed up broken on arrival. Triggers don't work and the black handgrip looks like its peeling. This this should have never made it through quality...
  7. Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X: The issue at hand is my Xbox controllers are having issues with connecting/syncing the only fix I have found to use them is to use the USB C to directly connect them to the console. Upon trying to...
  8. Unable to return faulty Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to return faulty Xbox controller: I am very frustrated. My controller has developed stick drift within warranty, so I'm trying to return it but the Microsoft website keeps throwing an error up before I can print the returns label....
  9. My Xbox one controller become unable to connect to PC, it's Driver become hidden

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one controller become unable to connect to PC, it's Driver become hidden: I have owning an Xbox one controller for a few years, just the Controller but not the console. the Controller is connect to PC via the USB cable and it's working fine until recently, I didn't use...
  10. Unable to play Control the game, even after Games with Gold library, 2 years ago

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play Control the game, even after Games with Gold library, 2 years ago: Unable to play the Control game that was included with Games With Gold 2 years ago. Never tried to play it until earlier today. I have proof that it was Games with Gold. Can Microsoft fix this...