Controllers drifting. Evidence of unrepairability

Discus and support Controllers drifting. Evidence of unrepairability in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi: I have 2 controllers that have started to drift - one that is 1 year old that I bought with my Xbox Series X, and then a custom one that I ordered... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nick Laul, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Nick Laul
    Nick Laul Guest

Hi: I have 2 controllers that have started to drift - one that is 1 year old that I bought with my Xbox Series X, and then a custom one that I ordered 6 months back. It's nuts that their quality is so poor. I want to file a claim with my credit card company but they need a letter with an evidence of unrepairability. Do you know if there is a way to get this from manufacturer or authorized repair staff? Thanks for your help.

Nick

:)

Nick Laul, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Nick. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

You will need to check with your credit card company if this letter can be issued by any authorized repair/technical store or if it can be only issued by the manufacturer of the controller.

Are the controllers official Xbox controllers purchased from Microsoft/Xbox or are they third party manufacturers controllers?

Waiting for your kind reply.
  3. darkist1 Win User

xbox gears 5 special controller

If your controllers drifting, rather get it replaced if its brand new.

Controller drift will ruin your games
  4. Stephanie Graham3 Win User

Xbox series X controller keeps drifting up

I just got a Xbox controller for Christmas. And as soon as I connected it to my Xbox it had drift on the right joystick. I opened the controller right from the box and didn’t get any dust of anything like that near it but still it drifts. I wanted a new Xbox controller because my old controller had drift. Crazy how out of the box it already has drift.
  5. ruger280 Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
    Have my elite controller set up and still drifts. Can't do standard controller. Did notice they drift worse on any COD.
  6. SilentGamer895 Win User

console repair

If it is deemed unrepairable you will get a refurbished console with all your data on it.
Thema:

1. Controllers drifting. Evidence of unrepairability - Similar Threads - Controllers drifting Evidence

2. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  3. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  4. Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller: The controller sometimes doesn't register any upwards movements, or just gets stuck between up and down on the left analog stick. After looking up the issue, it appears that many other people have...
  5. How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?: Fairly recently, I've had terrible upward drift on my right stick. It shows up even in the recalibration menu, but after recalibrating it still persists. I thought it was a controller issue, but...
  6. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  7. Xbox Series S Controller Drifting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller Drifting?: I got a firmware update on my Xbox Series S controller and afterwards my right thumbs thumbstick started drifting up. I've cleaned it, and reset the connection twice. I do believe it's a...
  8. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  9. Controller Stick drift on my xbox only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Stick drift on my xbox only: Hi... I had a Question. I got an xbox a year ago and bought 2 Controllers but one of those Controllers is not under warranty. I am sad because this Controller has been buggy only on my xbox and...
  10. How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?: Since the last update my controller has been fast scrolling so my Xbox has been useless. I tried everything that is mentioned to fix it and nothing works. I don't have an ease of access option on...