Controller (x) button not registering

Discus and support Controller (x) button not registering in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i have the original series x controller and recently noticed the X button only works if i hit it dead center. From time to time if i hold it down it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnZ80, Jul 1, 2022.

1. JohnZ80
    JohnZ80 Guest

So i have the original series x controller and recently noticed the X button only works if i hit it dead center. From time to time if i hold it down it releases on its own and i have to click it again. After doing research it seems this has been a known issue for awhile. What are my options here cause i dont want to buy a new controller over something so small even if its annoying

:)

JohnZ80, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly make sure that your controller is up to date by following the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

Also, there are no official announcement from Microsoft themselves which means that we just need to perform the necessary steps.
  3. KaraboManne Win User

Xbox series controller unresponsive when connected wirelessly

Apologies but you are not understanding me.

The scenario goes like this:

Purchased xbox series controller;

Connected and updated series controller on laptop;

Attempted to play a game on laptop;

Controller input is not present;

In some games the controller doesn't appear in the setup;

In some games the controller registers but the inputs are incorrect, sometimes the z-axis registers as a button (x button) and not a movement;

Connected controller to tablet and mobile phone and controller input is fine;

Is the problem my games or my controller firmware not syncing with the games?

Is there a fix?
  4. Krazy Crayon Win User

Disgusted by the quality of Xbox one controller!

After going through about (im not kidding) 60-70 controllers here is a list of what problems I have noticed.

-Uneven panels

-Panels coming off

-Sharp edges where the panels meet

-"Start" and "Select button needs to be pushed hard to get it to register

-Friction in the triggers

-Face panel of controller moving position

-A,B,X,Y buttons making loud clicking noise

-A,B,X,Y buttons sticking

-Loose bumpers

-bumpers not clicking/registering

-"X" middle button not register/has dead spots

-Thumb sticks altering position/making clicking noise/not anchored to controller

I have to agree that the controller quality is horrible, I have tried to contact xbox via here and phone/chat and no one is helpful. I sent out my day one controller (at my expense) but they just kept sending me out defective products until the warranty
    went out. So I went out today and bought a PS4. Never gonna buy anything from Microsoft again.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Xbox series X controller issue. Buttons not registering.

Thank you! Just try to move the console, it can be on the other side or test it out on a different room but will not permanently move it just to isolate the issue on what is causing it.
  6. ianvin Win User

Xbox series X controller issue. Buttons not registering.

The console is next to my TV and there is a router there (for cable connection to the tv and xbox for better performance). Can this be causing an issue? If yes - what can i change? (can't move the console to a another room since there is a 60 inch tv as well there lol)
Thema:

1. Controller (x) button not registering - Similar Threads - Controller button registering

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller

in XBoX on Windows
    My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller: This bugged may be due to me playing on cloud gaming 0edc4b19-cfec-4a50-a583-477e43a4b897
  5. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  6. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  7. xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work: Xbox controller died mid game, usually I can plug it in with usb cable and it continues to work fine. Plugged it in this time and the A, X, B, Y buttons will not work but all other buttons and...
  8. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  9. Controller doesn’t respond to buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn’t respond to buttons: I was watching a show, when the episode ended, so I turned my controller back on from sleep. But when the light stopped flashing and went solid, none of the buttons were doing anything, including...
  10. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...