Controller works on Win10, Xbox Accessories App doesn't

Discus and support Controller works on Win10, Xbox Accessories App doesn't in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox Accessories App doesn't recognize controller when connected. Signed into Xbox Game Bar just to cover all basis. Successfully connected controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by sleetxz, Nov 7, 2021.

1. sleetxz
    sleetxz Guest

Xbox Accessories App doesn't recognize controller when connected. Signed into Xbox Game Bar just to cover all basis. Successfully connected controller via USB-C cable and Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. Controller works, able to select different options within Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Console Companion Apps, however, Xbox Accessories App doesn't recognize a controller is connected. I've gotten the same results on two different Windows 10 PC's so far. I've tried multiple USB ports with both the Wireless Adapter and USB-C cable, getting the same result. I've checked that drivers are up-to-date, which they are and I tried more than one controller. I've tried restarting the app, restarting my PC's, and uninstalling and reinstalling app. App needs an update to correct this issue.

:)

sleetxz, Nov 7, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

OK, that's odd. It might be a glitch with the app. You're running windows 10 on your PC? Have you tried to restore the OS on your PC?
  3. sleetxz Win User

Hi Vinicius,

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure I had tried more than one cable over the course of a few days between both PC's, but I definitely just tried another USB-C cable I have on-hand. All USB-C's I've tried came with either my Elite controller of the Microsoft Xbox Battery Kit.

Look forward to your reply,

4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey sleetxz, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Ok, might be just a glitch within the app indeed.

Just to test it, have you tried another cable?
  5. sleetxz Win User

Hi,

Yes, both PC's I've tried and got the same results have both been Windows 10.

So far I've tried the following:

• 2 Win10 PC's
    • Signed in to both PC's within Xbox Game Bar
    • All USB ports on both PC's
    • 2 or more Microsoft branded USB-C's
    • 2 Elite Series 2 controllers
    • 1 Robot White Series X|S controller
    • 1 Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10
    • Restarting PC's
    • Restarting App
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling app
    • Checking drivers for controllers and wireless adaptors
    I don't know what more troubleshooting steps anyone else could come up with. Open to suggestions however. Thanks again for the help so far.

6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Thema:

1. Controller works on Win10, Xbox Accessories App doesn't - Similar Threads - Controller works Win10

2. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  3. Why wont my controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my controller work: My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it...
  4. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  5. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  6. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  7. xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work: Xbox controller died mid game, usually I can plug it in with usb cable and it continues to work fine. Plugged it in this time and the A, X, B, Y buttons will not work but all other buttons and...
  8. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  9. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  10. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...