Controller wont work

Discus and support Controller wont work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I havent used my xbox since June and i went to use it but the controller wont turn on or work properly (One or the other) When i attempt to use it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by beats79, Nov 20, 2023.

1. beats79
    beats79 Guest

Controller wont work

I havent used my xbox since June and i went to use it but the controller wont turn on or work properly (One or the other)

When i attempt to use it wirelessly and press the home button the controller will turn on and work so long as the home button is pressed button when the home button is released it will instantly cease to work, this is with new batteries all of which are put in correctly

When i attempt to use it wired the controller will connect and turn on however the sticks are over responsive and will teleport around menus, alongside this non of the buttons, bumpers or triggers work, i have tried multiple USB connectors

:)

beats79, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Controller wont work

3. beats79 Win User

Controller wont work

Post update the controller now just repeatedly auto clicks X and Y alongside the over sensitive sticks
  4. beats79 Win User

Controller wont work

I will try update via PC, does this reset console delete data?
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Controller wont work

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox controller. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Kindly try to update the controller's firmware using Windows PC to see if it works. Here's how:

Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3?hl=en-us&gl=SA

Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind:

The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.
    Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.

If it doesn't work, try to use a different controller (or keyboard if it's not working) and perform a factory reset keep my games and apps if possible for us to isolate the issue:

Note: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options. Be sure to choose the Reset and keep my games & apps option so that you don’t lose any of your games and apps.

This will also help sync the data on your console properly. Once you're done, try to check if the Xbox controller will work on your console.

You may also check this link for reference:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-8007045d

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User
Thema:

Controller wont work

1. Controller wont work - Similar Threads - Controller wont

2. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  3. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  4. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  5. No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...: No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried Everything Any Help ? fef22dac-555e-41f8-ac3e-ccd7dd1aea27
  6. Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller. Just started having issues with it. The controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in. Xbox light on it works and everything. No updates...
  7. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  8. My Xbox controller keeps forgetting the Xbox and wont reconnect

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox controller keeps forgetting the Xbox and wont reconnect: My Xbox series X controller keeps randomly disconnecting every now and again even though it has full battery. When it disconnects it completely forgets the Xbox and refuses to resync. The only way...
  9. Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset: Alright so, yesterday i decided to download a game (specifically modern warfare 2019) and the speed was fine around 200/mpbs after around 30 mins it slowed down to 20/mpbs so i decided to restart...
  10. Xbox controller wont show up on bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont show up on bluetooth: My xbox elite model 1 controller wont even show up on bluetooth. It has new batteries its literally against next to bluetooth adapter, i tried reseting controller and pc many times and it just...