Controller won’t turn on after changing batteries

Discus and support Controller won’t turn on after changing batteries in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller (series x style) started getting flat batteries last night and I didn’t have any new ones on me, so I borrowed some out of another... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lockdown514, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Lockdown514
    Lockdown514 Guest

My controller (series x style) started getting flat batteries last night and I didn’t have any new ones on me, so I borrowed some out of another device. Little did I know they were actually rechargeable ones that had a voltage rating of 3.7. I took them out and put the original pair in and to check it and it was fine, started and was all good

Today I put new AA in and now it won’t even turn on. I tried plugging it into the Xbox with a usb cable and after a few minutes pressing the home button would just make it vibrate, no lights just vibration

:)

Lockdown514, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Lockdown, From your report it seems that there was some damage to the board. It's pretty weird really.

Try connecting the controller via cable to another device, such as a PC.

If it doesn't work then I'm sorry. Really the control will need repairs.

If it is under warranty, follow the solution procedure below

Click on this link, if your console appears in your account click on it or register it.

After clicking on it, go to ''start order''. In the category put ''accessories'' and on the side ''standard control'' and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. dup4c07dd58-5f0a-483 Win User

Controller

Hi there Steelers, is your controller wired or wireless? Can you turn it back on after it turns off? Have you tried changing the batteries or using a new battery pack?
  4. Sayann X Win User

Game volume -90% after battery change

Hello, when changing a battery of controllers, it is advisable to turn off the controller advent this change and unplug the helmet from on the controller when it is turned on. Did you take these precautions when you change your battery?
  5. SOLO PURE KUSH Win User

XBOX ONE CONTROLLER

I have a similar problem. It started happening after the headset firmware update. My sound quality is good. My problem is it will randomly say that my controller died or disconnected on the screen but the controller will still be on. I have to take out the
    batteries to turn off the controller. The controller reconnects after I put the batteries back in and turn it back on. I change the batteries thinking that was the problem. But even with fresh new batteries it still does it. I see sharks & nobles posts and
    I hope it can all be fixed with the next firmware update. Hope its sooner then later.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox play and charge kit wont charge, instead saying that battery is charged

Hello. I use this kit for like half a year and in one moment it stopped charging correctly. It starts charging and after a few minutes LED light becomes white and says that controller is charged. When i check battery level its says that batteries
    are low and after 2-5 min without charger controller turns off.
    Time to change battery, are exausted, trust me
Thema:

1. Controller won’t turn on after changing batteries - Similar Threads - Controller won’t turn

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  4. i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...: This is a controller i had for around 6 months it’s a black xbox series x|s controller c3417b95-80cc-4374-b9ae-71a32eaf9e31
  5. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  6. Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise: So like the title says I’ve got a custom controller for my Xbox Series One X and while the controller will turn on and off no other buttons respond besides the pairing button, I tried repairing it...
  7. My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...: When I try to plug in my controller it won’t turn on and it has a ringing noise and I used fresh batteries and it still won’t work and if I plug in the same usb to another controller it works...
  8. I have a Xbox elite controller that won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox elite controller that won’t turn on: My Xbox elite core controller won’t charge or turn on and that’s even after I plugged it in with the cord. It was working fine until yesterday and I’ve been trying to fix this issues. Is there any...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on: My Xbox series 2 elite controller just stopped working today and idk what to do bb9108a5-2041-47e5-8bae-736472097920
  10. xbox controller won’t connect and usb turns off xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller won’t connect and usb turns off xbox: so i used my xbox controller on my pc last night and it was working fine. this morning i tried to reconnect them using the sync and what not it didn’t work. i tried changing batteries and...