Controller wont sync or connect after soft shutdown

Discus and support Controller wont sync or connect after soft shutdown in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey, I just sent the report via console but wanted to share more details here. We've got 2 Series X consoles (me and wife) with same behaviour. Hers... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jdobem, Nov 12, 2020.

1. /u/jdobem
    /u/jdobem Guest

Hey, I just sent the report via console but wanted to share more details here.

We've got 2 Series X consoles (me and wife) with same behaviour. Hers is vanilla firmware , mine I joined back into skip ahead alpha version. Both suffer the same problem.

I updated the controllers firmware at the setup stage.

Consoles were at Instant On power state. When we finish our game sessions for the day, we turn off normally via controller or button. Next day we return and turn on controller but it wont turn on console. If we press console button, it starts up normally from warm state but controllers never sync or connect. Even plugging in USB cable directly wont reconnect or re-sync.

Only solution is to force shutdown by pressing console nexus button. After a cold startup the controllers connect again without issues.

Workaround for now is to disable power state to Power saving, which is fine but really seems a error that should catch lots of ppl but haven't seen any report on reddit about this.

Since its happening across 2 consoles and several separate controllers, Im ruling out hardware problem and thinking its software. Fingers crossed you guys at Xbox can figure out and issue a fix.

Thanks for new reading.

submitted by /u/jdobem
    [link] [comments]

/u/jdobem, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Danno McK. Win User

Xbox 360 Slim - Blinking Green Light

Similar to the Background Downloading that's existed for a while (and does the flashing green light in a "low power" mode after shutdown), the new Cloud Storage feature does its syncing after shutdown if the sync wasn't finished yet, and usually flashes
    for at least a few seconds while it checks whether the sync is necessary.
  3. Pjacks18 Win User

All Xbox one problems here

My controller wont sync and connect but it will plugged in with a micro usb cord.

Having to play with it plugged in stinks.
  4. vanontom Win User

Have to unplug my xbox EVERY time now.

Did you bring it back for refund? Seems like a huge hassle for what is probably a software/firmware issue. But I guess it could remain unfixed, who knows. I'm trying to figure out if it the controller firmware now, we'll see...

I bought directly from Microsoft (online, Black Friday 2015) and have the same issue: After console sleeps, controller will not connect/sync wirelessly at all, so it won't turn on Xbox, or sync via dedicated sync buttons, or anything. Happens every time
    with "instant on" enabled. Never happens with "power savings" (full shutdown) enabled.
  5. Bhutankam Pema Win User

My xbox Control One he can not connect to xbox?

Your Controller can not connect to XB1 right?

Try a Hard Reset: (Holding PowerButton for ~15sec. - wait untill full shutdown - unplug everything-wait 30seconds- Restart)

Have you tried to connect them with sync Buttons?

((( on Xbox on left side on the Chrome, also on Controller is a small button)))

support.xbox.com/.../Controllers
  6. BubkoOG Win User

GwG issue with Toy Story

Hey!

Unfortunately the force shutdown didn't helped, didn't tried the soft reset tho..

I wil give an update after that.

Thanks for the tips.
Thema:

1. Controller wont sync or connect after soft shutdown - Similar Threads - Controller wont sync

2. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  3. Controller Wont Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Wont Update: Hello. Im trying to update my Xbox Series X controller to the latest Firmware as although it still works it is running on version 5.17.3202.0 which is the older version. Ive tried everything from...
  4. Xbox controller wont work in fortnight

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont work in fortnight: HELP!! Xbox controller wont work in fortnight. It wont let me click on settings to try and figure anything out. All of the sudden there is a little mouse pointer on the screen. How do I fix this?...
  5. My brand new xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox controller wont turn on: I bought this controller about 2 months ago it just sat on my desk I didn’t drop it or anything then when I finally used it with completely new batteries it wouldn’t turn on so I tried plugging in...
  6. Controller - console wont connect!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller - console wont connect!: Hello from a super noob! A friend recently lent me his xbox one original (the one that has the bluetooth thing on the bottom next to a usb slot) without the controller (he lost it, hasnt used for...
  7. My Xbox one controller wont turn on after not updating fully

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one controller wont turn on after not updating fully: I was updating my Xbox one controller and while updating it just stopped and my controller turned off it may be because it was updating while the batteries were in. But is there any way for me to...
  8. Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro: I know this is a known issue. And I tried so many things people said on the internet but nothing worked. I even let it run for over an hour but still didnt work. It synched on my 10 year old pc,...
  9. controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.: I’m experiencing a controller-console issue. my controller has had stickdrift over the past week or so and i decided to try and fix it. without any tools i used simple methods like gently hitting...
  10. Xbox controller wont sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont sync: Although my controller has new batteries, it still will not connect to my xbox. It tries connecting to it but shuts off and vibrates twice. Sometimes this makes the xbox turn off unexpectedly...