controller won't interact with console

Discus and support controller won't interact with console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One controller is not powering on my console nor letting me select things on the screen(dashboard). How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PatriotDream76, Jan 2, 2016.

1. controller won't interact with console

My Xbox One controller is not powering on my console nor letting me select things on the screen(dashboard). How can I fix this?

:)

PatriotDream76, Jan 2, 2016
  2. xbox star wars console - no R2D2 sounds!

Also make sure you are turning the console on from the system and not your controller, you need to interact with the system itself for the beeps to play.

matt1912-96D1F147-4A2D-4DBE-A227-607A2F344AF8, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Skweezle1st
    Skweezle1st Guest
    Why you cant unplug the kinect

"The kinect interacts with controller when switched on, Therefore it makes sense to have the rest of contrioller hardware in the same place, So all controller info comes from the same place"

The controller also interacts with the console. The lag induced if every command you entered was put through the Kinect and from there to the console would be very small but very noticable in online play. If your assumption is correct then you've introduced
    another good reason to dump the new Xbox.

Whichever way it operates, it all operates through software. Software can be changed with a small download. If the Kinect is so inbuilt that it has a huge multi-stream connection with the console then MS has built it's own set of concrete boots.

Skweezle1st, Jan 2, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

You can try this it has worked for some others. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until it powers down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    Once the console is back up test your controller. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Jan 2, 2016
  5. {Parity} Win User

You can try this it has worked for some others. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until it powers down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    Once the console is back up test your controller. Good Luck!
  6. matt1912-96D1F147-4A Win User

xbox star wars console - no R2D2 sounds!

Also make sure you are turning the console on from the system and not your controller, you need to interact with the system itself for the beeps to play.
  7. Anhur_XB Win User

Upcoming Game Releases

"Ready or Not" by Void Interactive.

Won't be out for a while but i'm hyped!
  8. Anhur_XB Win User

Upcoming Game Releases

"Ready or Not" by Void Interactive.

Won't be out for a while but i'm hyped!
  9. TayX Win User

Kinect

One weird thing is that, if you set inverted controls on this game, it also inverts the Kinect controls. If you don't know this, the Sensory Interactions become near impossible, especially the Hose Interaction.
Thema:

1. controller won't interact with console - Similar Threads - controller won't interact

2. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  3. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  4. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  5. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...
  6. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  7. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  8. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  9. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  10. Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in: Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in. I have been having problems with my Xbox one wireless controller and the external hard drive. I have...