controller won't interact with console

Discus and support controller won't interact with console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One controller is not powering on my console nor letting me select things on the screen(dashboard). How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PatriotDream76, Jan 2, 2016.

1. controller won't interact with console

My Xbox One controller is not powering on my console nor letting me select things on the screen(dashboard). How can I fix this?

:)

PatriotDream76, Jan 2, 2016
  2. xbox star wars console - no R2D2 sounds!

Also make sure you are turning the console on from the system and not your controller, you need to interact with the system itself for the beeps to play.

matt1912-96D1F147-4A2D-4DBE-A227-607A2F344AF8, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Skweezle1st
    Skweezle1st Guest
    Why you cant unplug the kinect

"The kinect interacts with controller when switched on, Therefore it makes sense to have the rest of contrioller hardware in the same place, So all controller info comes from the same place"

The controller also interacts with the console. The lag induced if every command you entered was put through the Kinect and from there to the console would be very small but very noticable in online play. If your assumption is correct then you've introduced
    another good reason to dump the new Xbox.

Whichever way it operates, it all operates through software. Software can be changed with a small download. If the Kinect is so inbuilt that it has a huge multi-stream connection with the console then MS has built it's own set of concrete boots.

Skweezle1st, Jan 2, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

You can try this it has worked for some others. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until it powers down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    Once the console is back up test your controller. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Jan 2, 2016
  5. {Parity} Win User

You can try this it has worked for some others. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until it powers down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    Once the console is back up test your controller. Good Luck!
  6. matt1912-96D1F147-4A Win User

xbox star wars console - no R2D2 sounds!

Also make sure you are turning the console on from the system and not your controller, you need to interact with the system itself for the beeps to play.
  7. Anhur_XB Win User

Upcoming Game Releases

"Ready or Not" by Void Interactive.

Won't be out for a while but i'm hyped!
  8. Anhur_XB Win User

Upcoming Game Releases

"Ready or Not" by Void Interactive.

Won't be out for a while but i'm hyped!
  9. TayX Win User

Kinect

One weird thing is that, if you set inverted controls on this game, it also inverts the Kinect controls. If you don't know this, the Sensory Interactions become near impossible, especially the Hose Interaction.
Thema:

1. controller won't interact with console - Similar Threads - controller won't interact

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  4. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  5. I threw my controller troller now it won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    I threw my controller troller now it won't work: I threw my elite core controller on the ground and when I go to turn of the xbox using the on screen method and the little white box that surrounds the options you are hovering over whenever I go...
  6. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  7. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  8. Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode: hello! so ive been trying to connect my xbox controller to my ipad for an hour now and it just won't connect. it flashes for a split second before the controller just turns off. does anyone know...
  9. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  10. Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in: Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in. I have been having problems with my Xbox one wireless controller and the external hard drive. I have...