Controller won’t hold power

Discus and support Controller won’t hold power in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, bought my S recently, since owning the console the controller will not even blink without being plugged in. Pushing/holding the Xbox button... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nick-295, May 21, 2023.

1. Nick-295
    Nick-295 Guest

Hello, bought my S recently, since owning the console the controller will not even blink without being plugged in. Pushing/holding the Xbox button shows no reaction. I’ve updated the controller and switched out to new batteries but no luck. when plugged in it works fine.

:)

Nick-295, May 21, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Nick-295,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that you are having issue with your Xbox controller that is connecting to your Xbox Console wirelessly. Let us check on this together and make sure that you can pair your Xbox wireless controller to your console.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform to help resolve the issue:

1. Connect your controller.

[​IMG]

Follow the steps provided on the link below:

If the issue still persist, follow the next steps.

2. Power Cycle your console.

Restarting your console and controller might correct the connection issue. First, make sure that nothing is interfering with your controller’s wireless signal:

• Move closer to your Xbox. The range for wireless controllers is 19-28 ft (6-9 m), but things like walls and interference from other wireless devices can reduce the range. Range may also be reduced if your Xbox faces away from you or sits in a cabinet. Make sure your controller is pointed at the front of your Xbox.
    • Remove objects between your controller and Xbox. Check the space between you and the Xbox for things that might interfere with your controller’s wireless signal (laptops, microwave ovens, cordless phones, wireless routers, metal dividers, shelves, doors, and so on).
    Once you’re sure that your controller can send a clear signal, power cycle your Xbox by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds, until the console shuts off.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

If you've tried multiple sets of batteries that you know are good and you're not even getting the Xbox button light blinking at all, it's almost certainly a hardware issue - possibly an issue with the battery contacts.

If you have a multimeter, double-check the batteries to see if they're OK. Also, make sure that you're putting them in the correct way. I know that sounds obvious, but I have seen simple user error be the cause of this kind of issue before.

If it is a hardware issue, what to do depends on where you live and where you bought the console from. In some cases, if you go back to the store where you purchased it, they will just swap the controller for a new one for you, rather than you having to swap out the entire package including the console. The other option would be to open a service request and get MS to repair/replace it, but obviously that would require you to send it in to them, so you'd be without a controller for a while if you don't already have more than one.
  5. jpk144 Win User

Xbox Rechargeable Battery not charging.

6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox One not loading after changing display output

Hi, make sure you have removed that usb flash drive before trying the display reset otherwise it won’t work.

It's also worth noting that when it states to press and hold the Xbox button it's the power button on the Xbox not the Xbox button on the controller.
Thema:

1. Controller won’t hold power - Similar Threads - Controller won’t hold

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  4. My Xbox controller won’t work unless it is held at a certain angle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t work unless it is held at a certain angle.: Hi Xbox Community, My xbox controller is having some issues and I am wondering if you may be able to help me find out what’s going on. The issue is that my controller will be on but whenever it...
  5. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  6. Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode: I hold the sync button either constantly or for 3 seconds like most tutorials suggest but it just blinks for around 10 seconds and returns to the solid glow without ever appearing in my MacBook’s...
  7. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  8. i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...: This is a controller i had for around 6 months it’s a black xbox series x|s controller c3417b95-80cc-4374-b9ae-71a32eaf9e31
  9. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  10. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...