Controller Won't Connect

Discus and support Controller Won't Connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bought a new Xbox one s/x controller from Amazon, Xbox brand, connected and worked great until day 3 of using it I turned off my controller and left my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CarterFL, Aug 5, 2022.

1. CarterFL
    CarterFL Guest

Controller Won't Connect

Bought a new Xbox one s/x controller from Amazon, Xbox brand, connected and worked great until day 3 of using it I turned off my controller and left my Xbox one on while I cooked something real quick. Xbox goes into power saver or whatever and after about 20 mins I turn my controller on and it looks like it connected, but there's no response from the Xbox at all. My old controller still connects fine. Try to re-pair the new controller and Xbox but they won't recognize each other when I try multiple times over multiple days.

Weirdest part is that I can turn the Xbox on with the new controller but when the Xbox turns on and the sign in screen comes up, the controller stops working/the Xbox won't respond. No button generates a response, even the Xbox home button, so I can't try to update the controller firmware.

:)

CarterFL, Aug 5, 2022
  2. XA DRBATTLE Win User

Controller won't connect

try connect it and get to the update settings for the controller or plug it into a pc
  3. Eric VMiller Win User

Controller won't connect .

Could the IR receiver go bad from the power going off?
  4. Sayann X Win User

Controller won't connect .

Hello, connect it to your console directly with the USB cable
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Controller Won't Connect

Thanks for the update, but. If you connect the other Xbox controller (with drift issues)
    It works as expected? (Ignoring the drift)

May I know if you can try downgrading the controller firmware?
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Or please try pairing it with your phone via Bluetooth
  6. CarterFL Win User

Controller Won't Connect

My old controller is subject to drift issues, which apparently often effect new Microsoft controllers based on what I've read. It connects and "works" with my Xbox though, even though it's a pain.

I tried connecting the new controller to the Xbox via USB cable, it rumbled and turned on, and it appeared to be connected to the Xbox, but none of the buttons worked or affected the movie that was playing, including the home button.

As far as I know, there are no troubleshooting steps I can do bc the controller doesn't work, it appears to connect but the buttons don't work.

Thanks for your help!
Thema:

Controller Won't Connect

1. Controller Won't Connect - Similar Threads - Controller Won't Connect

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  5. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  6. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  7. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.: It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the...
  8. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  9. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  10. New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10: Few days ago I got a new Xbox wireless controller, I've connected it to one Windows 10 laptop and it worked perfectly. Few days later I tried connecting it to another Windows 10 laptop and it...