Controller won’t connect and Green screen of death (Xbox One)

Discus and support Controller won’t connect and Green screen of death (Xbox One) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My controller randomly disconnected and won’t reconnect even after putting new batteries and trying the usb plug trick. And I’m unable to fix the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ToastWithJamm, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Controller won’t connect and Green screen of death (Xbox One)

Hi,

My controller randomly disconnected and won’t reconnect even after putting new batteries and trying the usb plug trick. And I’m unable to fix the green screen of death issue because of it.

Is there anyway I can fix it?

:)

ToastWithJamm, Sep 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If you have a Mac with an Intel processor you can try using boot camp (basically you're going to install windows on a new partition)

But other than that, nope. As MacOS isn't compatible with Windows/Microsoft store apps
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Well, its strange that the controller is not connecting to the phone...

Worth in this case try connecting the controller to a Windows PC with a USB cable.

If the controller is recognized, try downgrading the firmware using these steps:

Connect the controller via USB then open Xbox Accessories App

Once there press Windows key + R and paste the next command in the box:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

Hit Enter and now Xbox Accessories App will prompt a message and the firmware downgrade process is going to start

Or use this article if the above doesn't work:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Are you referring to the green screen of death?
    If yes, how did you solved this problem the first time?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Yes, if the controller would have been recognized using your phone. At least we know that everything is fine with it.

But as that wasn't the case, definitely is the controller

Sorry
  6. ToastWithJamm Win User

oh thanks for letting me know at least. :(
Thema:

1. Controller won’t connect and Green screen of death (Xbox One) - Similar Threads - Controller won’t connect

2. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  3. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  4. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  5. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  6. How do I get my Xbox one controller to connect when it won’t

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my Xbox one controller to connect when it won’t: So I have the original Xbox one and a newer Xbox controller and it worked fine for awhile but now it won’t connect and the pair button on my Xbox won’t work and I don’t know why but I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one: I’m trying to connect a next gen controller to my Xbox one. It works, but then it constantly disconnects. Does anybody know what could be the issue or had this issue?...
  8. Xbox controller won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won’t stay connected: When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This issues persists on both my Xbox elite...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller: Whenever I turn on my Xbox controller it never connects and it infuriates me, I Kon it may not sound like it but I don’t want to come off in any way. I’ve tried everything, connecting a charger to...
  10. Touchscreen controls on fortnite won’t go away once I connect my controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Touchscreen controls on fortnite won’t go away once I connect my controller: Hi, for a while now whenever I connect my Xbox controller to my laptop to play Fortnite on xcloud, the touchscreen controls stay on my screen. This makes it very annoying while playing. I’d...