Controller will not stay conected after update 2023?

Discus and support Controller will not stay conected after update 2023? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Anyone else? After February 2023 update I can't keep my Xbox One controllers connected!! So I got a new controller. I updated and reset the console,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sierradual, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Sierradual
    Sierradual Guest

Anyone else? After February 2023 update I can't keep my Xbox One controllers connected!!

So I got a new controller. I updated and reset the console, drivers for controller etc.

I feel I have done all tips and tricks, it does not keep the controllers in sync. HELP!!!

:)

Sierradual, Feb 28, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Sierradual. I am sorry to hear about what happened.

Unfortunately, there's a known issue about that. Based on the article link below under February 2023, it says "Some players might experience controllers randomly losing sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior, be sure to report this issue after reconnecting."

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

You may report it through the Report a problem app so it will be investigated thoroughly by the Xbox team. Check the guide here on how to report it: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Alternatively, make sure that you've tried all the solutions from this link here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

As our last resort, you could perform a factory reset. There's an option to keep your games and apps. But still it's not guaranteed to work since there's a known issue. For the workaround, try to use a USB cable to connect your controller to your console.

You can check the guide here about factory reset https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. diogohue Win User

Game chat issues

If you tried the steps of Mister Quimby and still with the problem, follow these steps:

• Conect headset at control
    • Conect the control on USB using a micro-USB cable at console
    • Then go to Settings, System, Update Control
    Before the update, check if this have solved your problem, if not, ask for help again!
  4. AndrewPalacios Win User

Controller won’t stay connected after update

It doesn't matter where I go for help it's always the same unhelpful update or reset your console but it never works it's stupid.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Controllers won’t stay on after today’s update?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

We may need to perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below accordingly:

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

After that try again.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Controller won’t stay connected after update

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
Thema:

1. Controller will not stay conected after update 2023? - Similar Threads - Controller stay conected

2. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  3. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...
  4. My controller won't stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't stay on: So my controller is saying any new battery I put in it is almost dead and then it turns off after about 3 seconds and it does the same when using a cord how do I fix this?...
  5. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  6. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  7. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  8. Xbox controller won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won’t stay connected: When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This issues persists on both my Xbox elite...
  9. New regular Xbox controller refuses to stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    New regular Xbox controller refuses to stay on: Whenever I try to turn my controller on, it flashes and vibrates twice before turning off. I'm using it on my PC, so I don't have an Xbox console. The controller has already been updated via cable...
  10. Just purchased Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but paddles do not stay in place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just purchased Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but paddles do not stay in place: Appears the magnets at the bottom and misaligned to where the paddles are meant to fit. Any advice on how to resolve this? 0f2ba1d4-b10a-417d-89df-ece24db083bd