Controller was working fine until I was forced to update the controller.

Discus and support Controller was working fine until I was forced to update the controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, I was just about to play some over watch when I was told I had to update my controller. so I plugged it in, it started updating, and then is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LunarXWing, Oct 19, 2017.

1. LunarXWing
    LunarXWing Guest

Hey guys,

I was just about to play some over watch when I was told I had to update my controller. so I plugged it in, it started updating, and then is just stopped. Some error happened and now my controller wont turn on! what happened and how can I fix this?

:)

LunarXWing, Oct 19, 2017
  2. Got the new update. Now my controllers won't sync!

they were working fine until i got the updates. wired controller works fine

InedibleChickn, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Tom Omega
    Tom Omega Guest
    Xbox one s controller bluetooth does not work properly

my xbox one controller was working fine using bluetooth until i update the controller through the xbox accessories app, the button get all messed up and the properties for testing button does not look the same

Tom Omega, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Controller was working fine until I was forced to update the controller.

Internet Expert, Oct 19, 2017
  5. LunarXWing
    LunarXWing Guest
    OMG I called microsoft for 5 hours and no one, and I MEAN NO ONE, could fix this ****. I found some **** kid on youtube that knows about their system then they do! If anyone is having this issue, follow this video EXACTLY. I did it the first time and it
    didn't work but I tried again out of desperation and it works now. Microsoft, train your **** call center properly, for **** sake.

Link to video: (jjust replace the hxxps with "Https"

hxxps://

LunarXWing, Oct 19, 2017
  6. LunarXWing
    LunarXWing Guest
    OMG I called microsoft for 5 hours and no one, and I MEAN NO ONE, could fix this ****. I found some **** kid on youtube that knows about their system then they do! If anyone is having this issue, follow this video EXACTLY. I did it the first time and it
    didn't work but I tried again out of desperation and it works now. Microsoft, train your **** call center properly, for **** sake.

Link to video: ( just replace the hxxps with "Https" )

hxxps://

LunarXWing, Nov 1, 2018
  7. LunarXWing Win User

Link to video: (jjust replace the hxxps with "Https"

hxxps://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X7OQEvh1A8
  8. Internet Expert Win User

9. LunarXWing Win User

Link to video: ( just replace the hxxps with "Https" )

hxxps://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X7OQEvh1A8
  10. RamonKuperus Win User

Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10

I have the same problem, worked fine for me today until I installed the newest windows update. Now my Xbox 360 controller isn't working anymore and tried all the things you did as well. I think the're forcing us to buy a new Xbox one controller.

[xbox 360 controller worked fine today, so it is compatible people.]

Edit: I use a wireless receiver.
  11. MKAT1 Win User

Controller not working in Sea of Thieves

Hi Geroges

I forced an update on my xbox 360 controller drivers as per you first link and now it is working fine - many thanks
Thema:

1. Controller was working fine until I was forced to update the controller. - Similar Threads - Controller was working

2. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  3. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  4. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  5. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...
  6. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  7. How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2: This past weekend, I was playing on my PC, as usual. Had no problems whatsoever throughout a 4 hour long session. At the end of my game session, I was noticing that my home button was unresponsive...
  8. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  9. Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.: The right joystick suddenly stopped working mid game on my Xbox One with all my controllers, three wireless and one wired. The system recognizes the joystick when testing and with the magnifier....
  10. Xbox controller wont work in fortnight

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont work in fortnight: HELP!! Xbox controller wont work in fortnight. It wont let me click on settings to try and figure anything out. All of the sudden there is a little mouse pointer on the screen. How do I fix this?...