Controller vs keyboard and mouse

Discus and support Controller vs keyboard and mouse in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Microsoft I would stop manufacturing Xbox controllers now if nothing is going to be done and using a keyboard and mouse on Xbox. It is a big... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Summoned33, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Summoned33
    Summoned33 Guest

Microsoft I would stop manufacturing Xbox controllers now if nothing is going to be done and using a keyboard and mouse on Xbox. It is a big disadvantage for someone that bought your elite controller( or any controller in this matter) when someone can just
    insert a keyboard and mouse to Xbox and play. Eventually there will be no use for a controller and will be obsolete. Do something about it or people will eventually catch on and won’t bother with the products.

:)

Summoned33, Oct 13, 2017
  2. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    The mouse and keyboard on the console do not belong!

I think that the more options the better. PC can use a gamepad, or Keyboard/Mouse. Give gamers options, let the developers decide if they want to segment controller vs keyboard users in their matchmaking code.

Echo4Ent, Oct 13, 2017
  3. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    keyboard & Mouse use for games like MW3

[quote user="HERCULEE102"]YOU CAN USE A XBOX 360 CONTROLLER ON A PC,SO WHY CANT THEY MAKE A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE WORK ON XBOX[/quote]Microsoft has been adamant that keyboards and mice are not to be used on the Service.
    Heh, no. The two control schemes are completely different, especially mouse vs thumbsticks.

IceStorm III, Oct 13, 2017
  4. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

Are you going to order Sony to do this with PlayStation too? If you want a keyboard and mouse, get a PC!! The majority of console players are happy with a controller. It's simpler than pressing A, F1, F9, Ctrl + shift + blah blah blah.

smileskybird, Oct 13, 2017
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    When keyboard & mouse support comes to the xbox one you don't have to use it & if you use a controller you do not have to play against keyboard/mouse users & vice versa.

It will detect keyboard users & wont put them in with controller users unless you want to play against them.

Other than RTS games I would never use a keyboard/mouse on a console,in fact I use a controller on PC if I can.

Controllers all day long for me.

Daft Badger, Oct 13, 2017
  6. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Summoned33 You do realise that no everybody actually like playing with a keyboard and mouse right? I mean have you tried using a keyboard and mouse whilst sat on a sofa, let me tell you it isn't easy.

Nothing in this world is pure black and white (heck black and white doesn't even exist in nature) why try and make everyone use the same type of controls? why not let those that want to use keyboard and mice use them, and those that want controllers use
    them?

Shaggy2000, Oct 14, 2017
  7. An Old Freak
    An Old Freak Guest
    Hate to break the news to you, but Hori is releasing the Tactical Assault Commander Pro One at the end of October 2017. They state on their website that this is "Officially Licensed by Microsoft". This is a mouse/keypad combo.

Personally, I am looking forward to this, as being disabled makes using the controller very difficult at times. I used a similar setup years ago when pc gaming.

It may not be for everyone, but it may be a great thing for some.

Happy gaming. Controller vs keyboard and mouse :)

An Old Freak, Oct 14, 2017
  8. Controller vs keyboard and mouse

Keyboard & mouse for first person games, with a controller for third person.

That tends to be my gaming preference. I can do Mile High Club (COD4) easily on PC with a keyboard & mouse but find it incredibly hard using a controller.

Couldn't play any Batman game without a controller though, k&m just isn't suited.

Zen Like Calm, Oct 14, 2017
  9. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    I’d rather use a controller any day.

brandiesel1, Nov 1, 2018
  10. HulkUK75 Win User

Keyboard and mouse

think it depends on the game as well and if you play with people on keyboard mouse vs controller etc
  11. DerVaddi Win User

Cross platform gaming.....yes or no?

hi,

i think cross platfrom if great. i see only the problem with controller vs. mouse and keyboard.
  12. Echo4Ent Win User

The mouse and keyboard on the console do not belong!

I think that the more options the better. PC can use a gamepad, or Keyboard/Mouse. Give gamers options, let the developers decide if they want to segment controller vs keyboard users in their matchmaking code.
  13. IceStorm III Win User

keyboard & Mouse use for games like MW3

[quote user="HERCULEE102"]YOU CAN USE A XBOX 360 CONTROLLER ON A PC,SO WHY CANT THEY MAKE A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE WORK ON XBOX[/quote]Microsoft has been adamant that keyboards and mice are not to be used on the Service.
    THEY ONLY NEED TO GIVE US A DRIVER
    UPDATE,
    Heh, no. The two control schemes are completely different, especially mouse vs thumbsticks.
  14. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

How could or would a game like Age of Empires work on console?

the original Xbox only came with a controller. the Xbox 360 only came with a controller. the Xbox One comes with a controller. you can't buy an Xbox One with a Keyboard and Mouse.
    in my opinion if they don't sell them with a Keyboard and Mouse they shouldn't have support for Keyboard and Mouse. if you want to use
    Keyboard and Mouse you should play on a PC and not on a console.
Thema:

1. Controller vs keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - Controller keyboard mouse

2. Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...: Whenever I go on any game like roblox.gta.or any Lego game it says controller disconnected or it doesn't let me start I have to get a controller just to press start so I need to know how to fix...
  3. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  4. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  5. Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse.: As soon as I switch on xbox my controller does not work. Try syncing xbox and controller. Controller will turn on xbox and let me enter my pin then I get notice to switch to keyboard and mouse....
  6. Controller - keyboard & mouse glitching

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller - keyboard & mouse glitching: I just got a controller to use on my PC and when I opened a game when I walked forward or backward it would also move up and down on the command menu (the game was kingdom hearts) I thought it was...
  7. My Xbox elite controller is acting like a mouse and keyboard.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox elite controller is acting like a mouse and keyboard.: My controller controls my mouse and keyboard and every time I play games this bothers me a lot. I downloaded Xbox accessories and updated the controller but I don't know if that has to do...
  8. My Xbox Controller keyboard and mouse all disconnect from windows simultaneously. Anyone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller keyboard and mouse all disconnect from windows simultaneously. Anyone...: Around a month ago my keyboard and mouse have been simultaneously disconnecting from windows for a little while. This became very annoying especially when gaming. I upgraded from windows 10 to 11...
  9. How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game.: How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game. 14aa0f9a-d9d0-4f8e-bf14-98219e221604
  10. Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working: I just got a controller and started playing DayZ with my mates again, but there a massive delay when using controller, I tried to use the mouse and keyboard option but it doesn't work for some...