Controller thinks it’s charging

Discus and support Controller thinks it’s charging in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox s controller thinks it’s charging all the time so it’s stopping me from using my headset I have an older controller that is working perfectly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StephenBrown310, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Controller thinks it’s charging

My Xbox s controller thinks it’s charging all the time so it’s stopping me from using my headset I have an older controller that is working perfectly fine??? Help

:)

StephenBrown310, Feb 17, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

There could be a few reasons why your Xbox controller is behaving this way. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Try a different USB cable: Make sure you are using a USB cable that is in good condition and is capable of charging your controller. If the cable is damaged or not powerful enough, it might not be able to charge your controller properly.

Reset the controller: Try resetting your controller by holding down the Xbox button for 10 seconds. This will turn off the controller and reset it.

Update the controller firmware: Make sure your controller's firmware is up to date. You can do this by connecting your controller to your Xbox and checking for updates in the settings.

Try a different battery: If your controller uses replaceable batteries, try using a different set of batteries. It's possible that the batteries you are using are not holding a charge properly.

Contact Xbox support: If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Xbox support for further assistance. They may be able to diagnose the problem and suggest a solution.

Hopefully one of these steps will help you fix the issue and allow you to use your headset again.
  3. StephenBrown310 Win User

I have never used a charge cable in my controller it just thinks there is one in
  4. iTsFx Win User

If your controller still has a warranty please get in touch with the store you bought it.
  5. Vision Verrify Win User

Wired controller has 2 lights lit up even if the console is off

Hello,

I think your controller is charging.

You said you've a wired controller, so if it's plugged in the Xbox the green lights will not turn off, it indicates your controller is charging.
  6. Lord Dirt Win User

Xbox ONE controller and Play and Charge Kit unboxing video

just got my controller/play and charge kit, didnt think they could fix the controller but it is awesome
Thema:

1. Controller thinks it’s charging - Similar Threads - Controller thinks it’s

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  5. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  6. Xbox one pro controller set on fire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one pro controller set on fire: So my Xbox one pro controller ignited in my hands last night on the 24th of April 2024 all I did was start up call of duty modern warfare 3 I was using some Duracell batteries in it but it got hot...
  7. The controller thinks that its plugged in when im using batteries, and starts randomly...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The controller thinks that its plugged in when im using batteries, and starts randomly...: I was trying to play with my controller plugged in to the wall but randomly the controller wasn't getting anymore power, so i decided to get some batteries after putting them in the controller...
  8. my controller isn t working right first i thought it was stick drift but now i think is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller isn t working right first i thought it was stick drift but now i think is...: my controller isn t working right first i thought it was stick drift but now i think is something with the software of the controller 184f5882-1fdd-415c-98f5-b068172004fe
  9. My controls in Cloud Gaming Fortnite do not show up. The game thinks I have a controller...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My controls in Cloud Gaming Fortnite do not show up. The game thinks I have a controller...: Is there a way to get them back? 57fd2b4d-b521-43a0-99f5-428ce9d084cd
  10. Microsoft roblox thinks that I am using phone and it gives me the mobile controller UI

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft roblox thinks that I am using phone and it gives me the mobile controller UI: Apparently Microsoft Roblox think that I am on Mobile and it gives me the UI and Controller settings for mobile but I am not, I have read the others posts similarly to this and have reached of the...