Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...

Discus and support Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, been on the platform for as long as I remember. Anyways I have been experiencing an issue i haven't seen before anywhere. My controller's right... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AdaptPowers, May 31, 2023.

1. AdaptPowers
    AdaptPowers Guest

Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...

Hey, been on the platform for as long as I remember.

Anyways I have been experiencing an issue i haven't seen before anywhere. My controller's right stick input just sticks right, making it impossible to do anything. This applies to all games, apps and the Xbox menu itself. (Keep in mind that my controller has not shown any signs of the right stick being broken as it is still fully capable of moving around normally without any issue)

I've tried many methods to try and fix it but nothing seems to work. Then when I try to hard restart my controller it switches off and doesn't turn back on for 20 orso minutes. Then when it does finally decides to turn on, the stick's input comes back afew seconds after turning it on.

I'm really confused here as no solution has helped me at all. I've been experiencing this for afew months now as this isn't the first time that this has happened

One thing that did seem to work is connecting my controller via micro usb to the Xbox and letting it connect that way and then it gives me full control of my controller again for a while(afew weeks). So then it would usually come back and then I'd fix it again with the method I had found out about.

But even that has seemed to stop working now.

If I could please get some advice or some help on this would be greatly appreciated

:)

AdaptPowers, May 31, 2023
  2. skylaar Win User

XBox One controller vibration can't be turned off when connected via bluetooth to PC

Do you get a weird bug when connected Bluetooth or the USB adapter where rumble will suddenly turn on and not stop? I use the controller with my Surface Pro and have to generally go into each game and turn Rumble off because of the bug and you are right
    via the app I cannot turn off rumble all the time.
  3. User 9242019 Win User

xbox games ready to install upon setup disappeared? (x-posted)

Try going to Games and Apps from the Home page and select Games. Now scroll all the way to the right and you should find the tiles for the 2 games. Highlight one and press the menu button on the controller (small button to the right of the X on the controller).
    This will open a menu with choices, one of which should be install.
  4. Cherrepaha Win User

NEW DASHBOARD UPDATE BROKE THE APPS SEARCH! ALSO TURNED ON CLOSED CAPTIONING IN CONOLE OPTIONS!

Try opening a video in the YouTube app. Bring up the video controls and select the CC button on the far right of the control bar... Turn Off the closed captions in that menu. Exit the YouTube app.

That fixed it for me with the same issue in NHL Gamecenter on an Aussie Xbox.
  5. AdaptPowers Win User

Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller then refuses to turn back on for 20 orso minutes. I'm so confused, how do I fix this?

This is definitely not wear and tear of the sticks and I've already opened up my controller(surprising it was still pretty clean and not dusty). I went through almost all of the troubleshooting steps. The only thing I didn't do is recalibrating my controller in windows which I am going to try once my controller decides to turn back on again

So I'd assume that it's a hardware malfunction.

But thanks, I shall give recalibrating a try
  6. Christian Quinto Win User

Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller then refuses to turn back on for 20 orso minutes. I'm so confused, how do I fix this?

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

It seems like your controller is drifting. Drifting to the right when no buttons are pressed, works normally when other buttons are pressed. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including wear and tear on the analog sticks, accumulation of dust and debris, or a hardware malfunction. Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you've already taken?

Try recalibrating your controller in Windows in case you haven't already.

Open the Control Panel

Go to Devices and Printers

Right-click on Xbox Wireless Controller and select Game Controller Settings

Click on Properties

Click on Settings

Click on Calibrate and follow the on-screen instructions to recalibrate the controller.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
Thema:

1. Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller... - Similar Threads - Controller suddenly turns

2. Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...: I have 2 Xbox Series controllers, which i use witch my PC. At first i played via bluetooth and didn't notice any problems. Then i started using cable because i was tired of buying new batteries))...
  3. Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration: I have had the series x for awhile and recently had sudden issues with input lag from my controller where I can't aim properly and the acceleration speed seems way high so I checked my controller...
  4. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  5. Xbox controller headset suddenly not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller headset suddenly not working: I been using the official controller and connected headset for a long time now and suddenly its not working. I used it 99% on gamebar but now no programs can hear from it including the OS tester...
  6. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  7. why does my controller suddenly not work while plugged in on my pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my controller suddenly not work while plugged in on my pc?: im playing on a pc and using a cable for my controller and it was working fine and the the other day it just stopped working. ive even gone through every cable i have , and its something lik60 or...
  8. Help with both controller bumpers not working all of a sudden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with both controller bumpers not working all of a sudden: My controller bumpers on the back side have stopped working since using it on another xbox. When going to configure controller in xbox accessories it doesnt even recognize that I have bumpers....
  9. Xbox series x Controller not working all of sudden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Controller not working all of sudden: Hi I went on call of duty MW3 today and my controller all of a sudden didn’t work only the analog’s and RT & LT bumpers are the only thing working. I’ve tried powering the console off unplugged...
  10. why is my elite controller not working suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my elite controller not working suddenly: so I've got an Xbox elite controller that I've used with my series S console for about a year now and today it's suddenly stopped working. it'll turn on but the inputs don't do anything unless...