Controller stops working when I plug in headset

Discus and support Controller stops working when I plug in headset in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ive been using my xbox one controller to play Cal of Duty Cold War on PC since launch. Today I tried to play and my controller stops responding when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by VictorGastelum, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Controller stops working when I plug in headset

Ive been using my xbox one controller to play Cal of Duty Cold War on PC since launch. Today I tried to play and my controller stops responding when I plug in my headset to it. It works perfectly fine without the headset plugged in. I tried restarting
    my PC and unplugging the cables but it did not work.

:)

VictorGastelum, Jan 8, 2021
  2. nhevy Win User

Controller randomly stops working when headset plugged in.

I'll give it a shot tonight and see if it works... Hopefully they release an update so this isn't necessary lol.
  3. joeyfitzroy Win User

Unfortunately not. The offline system update did not fix the problem. MS support have now asked me to send in my controller to be replaced, glad I have a back up controller that doesn't have this issue or I'd be really peeved.
  4. URL54MVP Win User

Hey joeyfitzroy did you get any results? I did the clear of the alternate MAC address and it fixed the problem for roughly 24 hours, now it is back to disconnecting every 20 minutes or so.
  5. URL54MVP Win User

I bought the XO7 headset yesterday after work. Played all night with no issues. Suddenly today, I'm having the exact issue described by the OP. Controller disconnection message (even though the light on the controller remains on), have to pull the batteries
    and re-insert them. It happened 3 times in roughly an hour. Getting a little frustrated.
  6. joeyfitzroy Win User

I suggest to chat with MS support the more of us that do the more likely they look into this problem.Doing what I said in my other post made a difference for me I played for over 8 hours without a disconnect and I was getting it every half hour give or take
    before that.I contacted MS support chat when it happened again they are now advising I use the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool because they think it's definitely to do with the software update.I'll let you all know how this goes after I've tested it.
Thema:

Controller stops working when I plug in headset

1. Controller stops working when I plug in headset - Similar Threads - Controller stops working

2. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  3. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  4. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  5. Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?: Has anyone ever experienced this before please? Very strange that it’s all stopped at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! a3fa46d0-3467-4936-8610-5a6a130d48dc
  6. My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.: I was playing halo and the game crashed. I was directed back to the dashboard, but then none of the buttons on my controller except for the home button were working. I tried power cycling the...
  7. All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?: Whenever I'm playing a 2d platformer on my PC, I pretty much need to use a controller, its just how I play. A couple of months ago however, my controller stopped working on my PC; All of my...
  8. Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.: As stated in the title, my Xbox Series S controller randomly turned off and now won't turn back on. I tried hardwiring it in, but it still doesn't turn on. When plugged in, it makes a whirring...
  9. My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old...: My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old scuf in and those paddles work. It's the controller/firmware that's the issue...
  10. Xbox controller to bluetooth stops working after one day.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller to bluetooth stops working after one day.: Hello, I have xbox x and my controller was working well on remote with my phone connected to bluetooth for one day, then next day stops working at all - same controller. I have phone xiaomi poco...