Controller stops working in COD

Discus and support Controller stops working in COD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox 1 controller stops working in COD 3124af11-dc99-4735-8266-9fcf0de37f69 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rob McCoo, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Rob McCoo
    Rob McCoo Guest

Xbox 1 controller stops working in COD

:)

Rob McCoo, Jun 10, 2024
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

Hi there Rob M.

I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues with your controller connectivity. Here are some steps and potential solutions to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

Check Battery Level:

Ensure that your controller has sufficient battery. If the battery is low, replace it or recharge it if you're using rechargeable batteries.

Restart Console and Controller:

Turn off your Xbox One and unplug it from the power source. Wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and restart. Also, turn off your controller and then turn it back on.

Re-pair the Controller:

Reconnect the controller to your Xbox One. Press and hold the sync button on the controller and the console until the controller's light flashes, indicating it's pairing.

Wireless Interference:

Other wireless devices can interfere with the controller’s connection. Try moving closer to the console or turning off other wireless devices nearby.
    Wired Connection:

Connect the controller to the Xbox One using a USB cable. This can sometimes bypass wireless issues and confirm whether the problem is with the wireless connection.

Update Console and Controller Firmware:

Ensure that your Xbox One and the controller firmware are up to date. Go to Settings > Devices & Accessories, select the controller, and choose "Device info" to update if needed.

Update COD:

Ensure that "Call of Duty" is updated to the latest version. Sometimes game updates fix bugs that may cause controller issues.

Controller Configuration:

Check the in-game controller settings. Sometimes settings might reset or change, leading to unresponsiveness. Navigate to the settings menu in COD and ensure that the correct control scheme is selected.

If the game is lagging or freezing, it can cause the controller to appear unresponsive. Ensure that there are no background downloads or applications running that might slow down the console.

Clearing the game cache can sometimes fix issues. Power down your Xbox, unplug it for at least 10 seconds, and then plug it back in and restart.

Controller Buttons and Joysticks:

Physically inspect the controller for stuck buttons or joysticks that may not be returning to their neutral position. Clean the controller with a dry cloth.
    Controller Replacement:

Try using a different controller to see if the issue persists. This can help identify if the problem is with the controller itself or something else.

Interference from Headsets:

If you're using a headset, try removing it. Sometimes headsets or other accessories can cause interference with the controller.

Overheating:

Ensure your console and controller are not overheating. Overheating can cause performance issues. Keep your console in a well-ventilated area.

Uninstall and Reinstall COD:

If none of the above solutions work, uninstalling and reinstalling "Call of Duty" might resolve the issue. This can fix corrupted game files that might be causing the problem.

Common Issues in COD:

Controller Stopped Responding Mid-Game:

This can be due to a temporary glitch. Pause the game, disconnect the controller, and reconnect it.

Controller Disconnects During Online Play:

This might be related to network issues rather than the controller itself. Check your internet connection and ensure that it’s stable.

Reset Controller:

As a last resort, you might consider resetting the controller to its factory settings. This will remove any custom settings that might be causing issues.
    Check for Third-Party Interference:

If you're using third-party accessories or controllers, they might not be fully compatible with COD or your Xbox One. Try using official Xbox accessories.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  3. BlastoJellyfish Win User

Hackers/Modders MW2

OP: Put down the controller, stop playing cod for awhile and GO OUTSIDE.
  4. ShallowTech Win User

Controller stops working

Where do you clear the cache first of all and why would that have any thing to do with the controller not working when a game launches... Controller input is not stored in the system cache.

I have been experiencing this problems for a few days now. Last night when I was playing CoD AW with friends my controller stopped working in the game only. Menus and Xbox home it worked fine. As soon as I would join a game it would stop. It happens on multiple
    controllers and is very frustrating.

Someone from Xbox needs to respond to this as it is an obvious bug or problem with the system.
  5. RhinoBlizzard Win User

Does anyone use.....

yep

auto trigger stops ( recommended only for COD and gears of war )

defiantly a modded controller *thinking people might report this *
  6. SIL3NT SNIP3R09 Win User

Controller stops working

Clear catch restart console.
Thema:

1. Controller stops working in COD - Similar Threads - Controller stops working

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  4. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  5. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  6. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  7. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  8. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  9. Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?: Has anyone ever experienced this before please? Very strange that it’s all stopped at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! a3fa46d0-3467-4936-8610-5a6a130d48dc
  10. My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.: I was playing halo and the game crashed. I was directed back to the dashboard, but then none of the buttons on my controller except for the home button were working. I tried power cycling the...