Controller stops responding during remote play. Have to reboot the Series X to get it to...

Discus and support Controller stops responding during remote play. Have to reboot the Series X to get it to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Configuration: Xbox controller connected to PC with USB-C cable (have tested with bluetooth with the same results) PC Hard wired to network switch... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jeff Kingston, May 4, 2023.

1. Controller stops responding during remote play. Have to reboot the Series X to get it to...

Configuration:

Xbox controller connected to PC with USB-C cable (have tested with bluetooth with the same results)

PC Hard wired to network switch

1gig connection from switch to XBox Series X (All up to date)

Remote play app launched on my PC

Most times I can connect and play for 10-15 minutes, then the controller stops responding

Some time when I connect remotely it never responds to the controller at all

No matter when the controller stops responding, the Xbox will respond to inputs until I reboot it.

Killing the Xbox app has no effect
    Rebooting the PC has no effect

I have updated the firmware on the controller

Not game specific as this happens in all games

:)

Jeff Kingston, May 4, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Controller stops responding during remote play. Have to reboot the Series X to get it to work again

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Let's try to troubleshoot on your console.

Don't worry we will fix this together. Please make sure you can sign in all your profiles. Let's try to restore the console back to factory defaults but we will select keep my games and apps so it won't remove your games and progress.

Please follow the steps here:

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Settings

- Select System

- Select Console info & updates

- Select Reset console

- Select Keep Games and Apps

After this, you will have to sign in again with your email and password. Then please try to use the controller again. Thanks!
  3. Volitar Prime Win User

My Xbox Series X is no longer selectable for Remote Play, it was two days ago. How do I get it back?

I changed my home console to my Series X as suggested (I normally have my older One X as "home" since my kids play it without me being logged into it, I am now down to only 1 out of 5 home transfers available). It did not help. It did not change anything. Only my One X is showing up in my console list for remote play. I have even done yet another system reset (keeping games and apps) after that.

Other things I have tried today (based on suggestions I've seen elsewhere for this issue), none of which have helped:

- Change to an alternative MAC address, reboot.

- Restore to original MAC address, reboot.

- Manually change system name, reboot.

- Change to a different network port, reboot.

- System reset and use my android tablet instead of my android phone during the setup.

I still think this issue is possibly something with my account on Microsoft's side but I am willing to try more suggestions in order to "trigger" the remote play/remote access option for my Series X again. Something is not triggering the remote play/remote access to my Series X on my account. If I go to xbox.com and search for a game that I own in the web version of the Xbox Store, I get the option to "Install to" but it only shows my old Xbox One X, my Series X is no longer listed their either (it was until two days ago). Also, some limited connection between the Windows Xbox app and my Series X does work. If I try to manually add my Series X through the Windows App, the Windows App tells me to turn on and log into my system. It can tell when I do this with my Series X and goes to the next pop up telling me to press enable on my system. If I had remote play disabled on my Series X, I do get the pop up screen on it telling me to enable remote play. I do this and run through the text (everything passes) but then the sequence stops here. The "press enable" pop up screen in the Windows app does not close on it's own. If I manually close it and restore the process it quickly and automatically progresses through the first two pop up screens (turn on/log in, and then the press enable one) and stops with a "something is wrong, try again later" screen. This shows that there is some amount of data passing between my Windows PC with the Xbox app and my Series X and is why I believe that this problem I am having is outside of my home and something on Microsoft's end with my account but I am willing to try more if there is something I missed and/or did out of sequence.
  4. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  5. DOUBLE_D_ Win User

how Xbox is polluting the planet.

couldn’t they made the Xbox series x controller have a rechargeable battery built in like the ps5 and nintendo switch controller. Rechargeable tv remotes. Should be a thing.
  6. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Issue with remote play

Have you went through the steps of turning on remote play on the console? What are you using to use the remote play options ie: computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone? You have to go through the settings to set it up. You can follow this link and it will give you step by step instructions:

How to Use Remote Play on the Xbox Series X and S | Digital Trends
Thema:

Controller stops responding during remote play. Have to reboot the Series X to get it to...

1. Controller stops responding during remote play. Have to reboot the Series X to get it to... - Similar Threads - Controller stops responding

2. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  5. My xbox controller wont stop flashing slowly , i have tried evrythjng it will not conect to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller wont stop flashing slowly , i have tried evrythjng it will not conect to...: My xbox controler will not stop slowly flashing evry time i turn it on , it will not connect to anything . Please hlp me 4ac8e49d-5371-4c3d-8b27-c7352e1d0597
  6. How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?: Since the last update my controller has been fast scrolling so my Xbox has been useless. I tried everything that is mentioned to fix it and nothing works. I don't have an ease of access option on...
  7. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  8. XBox controller disconnects from PC or stops responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox controller disconnects from PC or stops responding: I purchased a new XBox controller to use on my Windows 11 PC. I updated the firmware using xbox accessories app. I installed the latest bluetooth drivers from Intel. I even updated the BIOS on my...
  9. Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding: Recently the buttons on my Xbox series X/S controller have stopped working. This includes the D pad, sync, screenshot, two square, three lines, LB, RB, X, Y, A, and B buttons. Both joysticks and...
  10. Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10): My Xbox Wireless Controller (2020 model, plugged into my PC via USB) has recently started randomly freezing up where it will stop accepting inputs (and sometimes hold the input that was pressed...