Controller spamming

Discus and support Controller spamming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, just have controller question. My controller keeps pressing "Y" continuously. I didn't drop or do anything that I could use to explain it. just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BravenHernandez, Dec 5, 2022.

  1. Controller spamming


    Hello, just have controller question. My controller keeps pressing "Y" continuously. I didn't drop or do anything that I could use to explain it. just started while I was mid game. won't stop pressing y now, just keeps spamming itself

    :)
     
    BravenHernandez, Dec 5, 2022
    #1
  2. Francia J. Win User

    Controller spamming

    This may mean that the controller is faulty and we may need to get it repaired/replaced.

    Kindly perform a power cycle on your controller by following the steps below:

    1. Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.

    2. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.
  3. Francia J. Win User

    Controller spamming

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

    Please check if there is an update for your controller by following the steps below:

    "1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

    2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

    3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."
  4. BravenHernandez Win User

    Controller spamming

    I do the power cycle and nothing changed, Ive had this controller for about 2 years now. how would I go about repairing it? and if so is it something I can do at home
  5. BravenHernandez Win User

    Controller spamming

    yes it is wireless, I connected it into my Mac and found that the "Y" button is still being spammed. I connected it my console via wire and it has no effect. controller is all around still malfunctioning
  6. Francia J. Win User

    Controller spamming

    Oh, what I meant is to send it to Microsoft. If it's no longer in warranty, I would recommend having it checked in any of your local repair shop.
Thema:

Controller spamming

Loading...
  1. Controller spamming - Similar Threads - Controller spamming

  2. Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

    in XboX Insiders
    Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've played with multiple controllers over the past 10 days and every one of them eventually keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting. It's incredibly frustrating. Has anyone else experienced...
  3. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  4. Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar: When I open the Game Bar—whether via controller or keyboard—while a game is running on xCloud through the Xbox app for PC, the Game Bar "steals" the controller input focus. I am forced to...
  5. Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA

    in XboX Insiders
    Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA: I'm having an issue with Alpha Skip Ahead, possibly using a wired controller specifically the Wolverine V3 TE Edition. Sometimes during gameplay, it's sorta like the controller disconnects...
  6. adaptive. controller spamming the same input when pressed once

    in XBoX Accessibility
    adaptive. controller spamming the same input when pressed once: I currently have my adaptive controller set up as a right-handed fight stick because you can't find any of those in a store. They are hooked up to buttons using Spade connectors and then the...
  7. My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad: The problem only stops when I press left on the dpad but they left vision itself didn't register at all. I've tried everything other than taking the controller apart which is a last resort...
  8. Xbox controller glitching and spamming home button when I am in proximity of it

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller glitching and spamming home button when I am in proximity of it: Note: this is in behave of my cousin Xbox Series S Tldr: Xbox Controller glitch when I am in proximity of it (Only me) My cousins Xbox controller is acting really strange lately. The...
  9. Why does my controller spams a button when I try to hold a button

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my controller spams a button when I try to hold a button: Like the title says, in certain games, holding down a button would always be read as spamming the button. This would only happen in certain games and all of my controllers seems to have this...
  10. My xbox one controller that came with the xbox one.The controller keeps spamming down on...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox one controller that came with the xbox one.The controller keeps spamming down on...: The controller keeps spamming down on the d-pad as if I were pressing it, but I’m not 7866f65d-1614-4355-a9ab-c3653f4bd1f1