Controller skipping icons on Xbox One Dashboard

Discus and support Controller skipping icons on Xbox One Dashboard in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have seen this issue all over the Internet, and even in the forums here. But I have yet to see anybody come up with an actual solution or reason why.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dr. KP Wheeler I, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Controller skipping icons on Xbox One Dashboard

I have seen this issue all over the Internet, and even in the forums here. But I have yet to see anybody come up with an actual solution or reason why. This is my third time dealing with this issue. Reddit and this forum have loads of identical threads.

I am not the only ones have dealt with this problem, but I have yet to see anybody come up with a solution that doesn’t involve basically gutting the controller. Of course it’s not gonna have problems if you replace everything inside the shell. It’s not the same controller at that point. That’s the equivalent of saying: “Having problems with your engine? Have you considered putting in a new engine?” Well YEAH. But I was looking for something a little more practical.

Suffice it to say, I have six different Xbox controllers. Some of them are launch model XB1 controllers and others are XBS controllers.

Now, to the problem many of us are facing. One of my controllers skips tiles when I am on the dashboard. (XB1 Controller; Model 1708). If I use the controller with my iPad, or with my (windows) PC I do not have any issues whatsoever. Furthermore, if I use any other controllers that I have with the same Xbox One, I have no issues. I believe, that because the issue does not replicate when using other controllers… it is not probable that it would be an issue with the Xbox. And, because the controller works fine on other devices, I do not believe that the controller is faulty in any way. I have yet to try it on a Series Xbox, but I have a feeling that it would work. It does not have stick drift on any games played on either PC or mobile.

Now I can certainly go buy a new controller… however, I would like to solve this issue for my own sanity, and for other people who have the same issue who cannot afford to just go buy a new controller. People who might only have one or two controllers and worked very hard to buy an xbox. They and all other loyal xbox customers deserve a solution to issues with device functionality.

This is not an isolated incident, and I would like to receive a response from Microsoft, if possible. Thank you to all of you who take the time to answer. Your input is appreciated.

:)

Dr. KP Wheeler I, Mar 10, 2023
  2. Glenn Rue Win User

3. Glenn Rue Win User

Hello, Dr. KP Wheeler I.

Thanks for reaching out to our Microsoft Community Forum. Please accept our warmest regards and sincerest hope that all is well.

We understand that you're having an issue with an Xbox One controller that skips tiles in the dashboard of your Xbox One. But the same controller does not seem to have the skipping issue when used with another device like your Apple iPad or Windows PC. Furthermore, if you use other controllers on your Xbox One console, they seem to not exhibit this skipping issue.

As a moderator here in the forums officially controller issues go through the following process:

1) Troubleshooting if it's a software or hardware issue using the steps from the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution

2) If it's determined that this is a software issue, we'd usually advise installing updates for the console to updating the firmware of the controller.

3) If it's determined that this is a hardware issue, we'd advise to have either the controller or the console replaced or serviced.

As for other fixes, like maybe taking apart the controller, we don't usually suggest that or discuss it here in the forums.

Feel free to reply to this thread if you need further clarification.

Sincerely,

Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Headset not working,mute icon has been on since Christmas

"A mute icon should never be seen on the dashboard at all, so if you’re seeing one right now, then chances are there’s a huge problem with the system or the software of the Xbox One."

This is not quite right. If you use a controller Passkey to log into your console, a mute icon will be seen until you activate (turn on) the controller.

Most mute problems with a functioning controller can be resolved with a headset adapter and updating the controller firmware, as long as the headset is compatible.
  5. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Controller stick/dpad skipping on dashboard?

The devs are aware of this issue and hopefully soon there will be a fix.
  6. kirkland365 Win User

Controller stick/dpad skipping on dashboard?

I have the exact same issue
Thema:

1. Controller skipping icons on Xbox One Dashboard - Similar Threads - Controller skipping icons

2. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  3. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  4. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  5. Lastest Apha Skip Ahead Update Controller Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Lastest Apha Skip Ahead Update Controller Issue: Hi, Looking for some help as I cannot report this issue on my series x. I was playing Prince of Persia this morning and all was normal as normal can be. A forced update came in and I installed...
  6. Cant capture a screenshot with controller but can make a clip with controller (alpha skip...

in XboX Insiders
    Cant capture a screenshot with controller but can make a clip with controller (alpha skip...: since todays update i'm unable to take a screenshot with my controller by pressing the button that makes captures/game clips on the series x controller i have tried to reset the controller through...
  7. Controller is skipping around when I try to make a selection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller is skipping around when I try to make a selection.: So this started yesterday on my series x controller. When I use the dpad or the stick to try and make my selection of anything it goes down or over more than I want. For example. I try to search...
  8. Got a certified refurbished Series X in Alpha Skip Ahead, CEC volume control doesn't work....

in XboX Insiders
    Got a certified refurbished Series X in Alpha Skip Ahead, CEC volume control doesn't work....: Just making sure it's still a known issue. Posts for it are a few months old. submitted by /u/TheCastro [link] [comments]
  9. does the hdmi-cec control in alpha skip ahead exist for original xbox one? thx

in XboX Insiders
    does the hdmi-cec control in alpha skip ahead exist for original xbox one? thx: does the hdmi-cec control in alpha skip ahead exist for original xbox one? thx submitted by /u/kocoman [link] [comments]
  10. Just got this message while playing Control. Selecting break froze the game. (On alpha skip...

in XboX Insiders
    Just got this message while playing Control. Selecting break froze the game. (On alpha skip...: [IMG] submitted by /u/The_Mememan [link] [comments]