Controller right thin joystick drifts on its own

Discus and support Controller right thin joystick drifts on its own in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Newish controller, right thumb joystick drifts on its own 02b7c144-dca2-4651-af6a-22fb1dcf096e Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nate Lowe, May 17, 2023.

1. Nate Lowe
    Nate Lowe Guest

Newish controller, right thumb joystick drifts on its own

:)

Nate Lowe, May 17, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Nate, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this unexpected behavior with your new Xbox controller.

In this situation, my recommendation is to return the controller and get a new one if the stick drift occurs no matter the device you use with it.

Before that, you can try to clean it carefully and see if that helps:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. Stephanie Graham3 Win User

Xbox series X controller keeps drifting up

I just got a Xbox controller for Christmas. And as soon as I connected it to my Xbox it had drift on the right joystick. I opened the controller right from the box and didn’t get any dust of anything like that near it but still it drifts. I wanted a new Xbox controller because my old controller had drift. Crazy how out of the box it already has drift.
  4. KJVERT Win User

Xbox one s keeps scrolling down

Joystick drifting is where movement is being detected by the controller even when you are not touching the joystick.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

How did your steaks on the controller keep moving on their own?

6. PheonixSensei Win User

Xbox One Controller Drifting Up

I sent a controller to be repaired / replaced 2 months ago and they sent me a new one after a month of not hearing a thing until i contacted them more. They sent me a new or suppost to be "new" controller now 2 months later my right joystick is drifting
    up on its own even when the joystick is dead center. I talked to support and they said all i can do is buy a new controller that its past 90 days when its only been 60 if that.

Ive supported xbox for years and years but when you send me a replacement controller that has more problems than the controller i sent in then tell me all i can do is buy a new one im so close to selling my xbox one and just buying a ps4 or building a new
    pc.
Thema:

1. Controller right thin joystick drifts on its own - Similar Threads - Controller right thin

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. Which controller has the most accurate right joystick?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controller has the most accurate right joystick?: I currently like the Elite Series 2 with lowest tension. 39e168ac-648d-4a12-8fcb-661f6319dfa4
  4. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  5. It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...

in XBoX on Windows
    It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...: It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much, it's happening in my games and everywhere else, how do I fix it? I think it is my console...
  6. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  7. Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.: The right joystick suddenly stopped working mid game on my Xbox One with all my controllers, three wireless and one wired. The system recognizes the joystick when testing and with the magnifier....
  8. My controller right stick want work unless I switch the sticks in the controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller right stick want work unless I switch the sticks in the controller...: It's definitely not the controller it's some how in the Xbox it's self. My controller works fine on my other Xbox. bbebe389-ddb7-4a95-a507-7f91f9d76975
  9. Xbox controller right trigger always on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller right trigger always on: I play games on PC running Win11. I buy all my games through Steam. Recently in driving games the cars were accelerating by themselves. I reset the keybinds to default, Purchased a new Xbox...
  10. Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input: Greetings! I recently acquired a brand-new Xbox One controller, and initially, everything worked flawlessly for the first few days. However, as of yesterday, both my PC and Xbox have been...