Controller Right Stick Drifts

Discus and support Controller Right Stick Drifts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason, my controller's right analog stick drifts really badly and I've tried everything to fix it. Any idea on what i should do? Thank You!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pinkierawr, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Pinkierawr
    Pinkierawr Guest

For some reason, my controller's right analog stick drifts really badly and I've tried everything to fix it. Any idea on what i should do? Thank You!

:)

Pinkierawr, Dec 20, 2015
  2. Controller: Right stick drift

Hey there Kyowah1331!

Sorry to hear about the controller drift issue. We are currently looking into this issue in this thread.
    If you haven't already, please try all of the troubleshooting steps listed in the thread. Feel free to make a post in there, as we will be providing any updates we receive in that thread. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Kyowah1331
    Kyowah1331 Guest
    Controller: Right stick drift

i have this problem too and alot of folks with me. I think that microsoft have to do something bout it. If i'm not mistaken it's a software problem so it must be easy to fix. I tried the solution microsoft offered thats the maually shutdown the console unplug
    it wait for five minutes plug it in and update the controller. Nah thats not it, i think that they need to clear the controller from all the updates but that seems impossible so if there's anyone with a solution. Would be helpfull coz buying another controller
    again and again is not really a (fair) option. Maybe microsoft is reading this mssg too and comes with a solution, would be great. thnx in advance

Kyowah1331, Dec 20, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Typically, when the stick start drifting the only resolution is to replace the controller. The only things that I can suggest are to make sure you have the most current firmware. Then take the batteries out of the console and do not plug it into the console
    and just let it be powerless for 5 minutes then put batteries back in and retest. As I stated earlier it is doubtful that either of these will help but it is worth a try. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Dec 20, 2015
  5. jfrawls Win User

Xbox One Controller, left stick faulting!!!

I have two controllers BOTH with drift issues. The one left thumb-stick drifts upwards and the other one has a right thumb-stick drift issue that drifts upward.

Like what the heck am I suppose to do. #SMH
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there Kyowah1331!

Sorry to hear about the controller drift issue. We are currently looking into this issue in this thread.
    If you haven't already, please try all of the troubleshooting steps listed in the thread. Feel free to make a post in there, as we will be providing any updates we receive in that thread. Thanks in advance!
  7. Kyowah1331 Win User

i have this problem too and alot of folks with me. I think that microsoft have to do something bout it. If i'm not mistaken it's a software problem so it must be easy to fix. I tried the solution microsoft offered thats the maually shutdown the console unplug
    it wait for five minutes plug it in and update the controller. Nah thats not it, i think that they need to clear the controller from all the updates but that seems impossible so if there's anyone with a solution. Would be helpfull coz buying another controller
    again and again is not really a (fair) option. Maybe microsoft is reading this mssg too and comes with a solution, would be great. thnx in advance
  8. {Parity} Win User

Typically, when the stick start drifting the only resolution is to replace the controller. The only things that I can suggest are to make sure you have the most current firmware. Then take the batteries out of the console and do not plug it into the console
    and just let it be powerless for 5 minutes then put batteries back in and retest. As I stated earlier it is doubtful that either of these will help but it is worth a try. Good Luck!
  9. NewBlacksmurf Win User

I don't think that your controller is dirty. Perhaps you play games where you click the thumb stick in.

For me BF4 have caused a drift on the left thumb stick. Perhaps a better controller will be made in the future...<insert sad face> as I went ahead and purchased a new controller.

The one with the drift is offered as a last resort to company.
Thema:

1. Controller Right Stick Drifts - Similar Threads - Controller Right Stick

2. Controller Delay for the right stick only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Delay for the right stick only.: This only happened the other day but when I got in to play the new sea of thieves update I noticed that there's a considerable delay in my camera movements. Thinking this was just sea of thieves I...
  3. My controller right stick want work unless I switch the sticks in the controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller right stick want work unless I switch the sticks in the controller...: It's definitely not the controller it's some how in the Xbox it's self. My controller works fine on my other Xbox. bbebe389-ddb7-4a95-a507-7f91f9d76975
  4. My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick: Hello I have recently purchased an Elite series 2 controller. I have had a elite series 2 in the pass and I have the same problem. Whenever I simply press down on the right anolag stick it just...
  5. my controller isn t working right first i thought it was stick drift but now i think is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller isn t working right first i thought it was stick drift but now i think is...: my controller isn t working right first i thought it was stick drift but now i think is something with the software of the controller 184f5882-1fdd-415c-98f5-b068172004fe
  6. Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly: Hi! I've just received my new sealed Elite Controller 2 Core and noticed the following defect: The right stick base is not magnetic at all. Left stick is holding okay, but the right one can be...
  7. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  8. Xbox X wireless controller Right Joy Stick Not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X wireless controller Right Joy Stick Not working: I have a Xbox X that I purchased about 3-4 months ago. Everything was working just fine previously. However, I went to play COD today and noticed the right joystick not working at all. I went to...
  9. My controller's right stick gradually drifts downwards and I'm wondering if this can be...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller's right stick gradually drifts downwards and I'm wondering if this can be...: My controller's right stick gradually drifts downwards but when i move it is normal so I'm wondering if this can be fixed easily b6d134a8-a0cc-41b6-80d0-530f33642490
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...: Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is being spammed making the controller unusable, has anyone else had this issue or know what to do?...