Controller repeatedly disconnecting

Discus and support Controller repeatedly disconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X purchased in December 2022 and the controller disconnects and reconnects. Everything, console and controller, is updated to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andy Thiele, Mar 14, 2023.

  1. Andy Thiele
    Andy Thiele Guest

    Controller repeatedly disconnecting


    I have an Xbox Series X purchased in December 2022 and the controller disconnects and reconnects. Everything, console and controller, is updated to the most current version. Console is essentially unplayable. This happens every few minutes or more frequently. Due to the layout of my living room, having to use a wired connection to the console would also render it essentially unusable.

    :)
     
    Andy Thiele, Mar 14, 2023
    #1
  2. DaAardvark Win User

    Controller Repeatedly Disconnects

    There isn't an update available for me at this time, and it checked this morning. Controllers are up to date as well. Hopefully an update appears and fixes the issue. Good luck with yours!
  3. NITRO 187 Win User

    Controller Repeatedly Disconnects

    I feel your pain I've had this issue since the last update.My situation is pretty much the same,I didn't change anything or add anything to my setup so it's not interference.Hopefully an update can resolve it.
  4. ECH0 ChAOs Win User

    Controller Repeatedly Disconnects

    i've had this problem since the last update(i think thats when i started) and it will only work if i keep the controller within a foot of the console, it connects for like 10 minutes and then disconnects frequently and had searched far and wide for the answer
    to this, but most people just send the console in for repairs. Hoping the next update fixes this issue
  5. Mankel He Menace Win User

    Controller repeatedly disconnecting

    Do you have any external drives attached to the console? I solved my CONSTANT controller disconnects by simply switching which USB ports my 2 external ssd drives were using on the console. It seems some kind of electrical interference is possible when multiple devices are plugged in.

    https://www.bluetoothandusb3.com/the-explanation
  6. Mankel He Menace Win User

    Controller repeatedly disconnecting

    Unpair your xbox controller from the xbox and test remote play to your xbox from another device with your xbox controller connected to it using blue tooth. At least you can verify the controller can still function wirelessly, then still be upset like me
Thema:

Controller repeatedly disconnecting

Loading...
  1. Controller repeatedly disconnecting - Similar Threads - Controller repeatedly disconnecting

  2. Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

    in XboX Insiders
    Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've played with multiple controllers over the past 10 days and every one of them eventually keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting. It's incredibly frustrating. Has anyone else experienced...
  3. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  4. Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar: When I open the Game Bar—whether via controller or keyboard—while a game is running on xCloud through the Xbox app for PC, the Game Bar "steals" the controller input focus. I am forced to...
  5. Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA

    in XboX Insiders
    Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA: I'm having an issue with Alpha Skip Ahead, possibly using a wired controller specifically the Wolverine V3 TE Edition. Sometimes during gameplay, it's sorta like the controller disconnects...
  6. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  7. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. My Controllers keep repeatedly disconnecting from my Xbox. Is it over?

    in XboX Insiders
    My Controllers keep repeatedly disconnecting from my Xbox. Is it over?: in the last few weeks or so, my controllers seem to be completely disconnecting on its own. Ive checked the batteries, replaced them, stood closer, plugged my xbox into the wall (not a power...
  9. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  10. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...