Controller Refuses To Turn On

Discus and support Controller Refuses To Turn On in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One controller has been working fine all this time since purchase and it was recharged early morning this day. A few hours later however I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DJeQuilibrio, Dec 17, 2015.

1. DJeQuilibrio
    DJeQuilibrio Guest

My Xbox One controller has been working fine all this time since purchase and it was recharged early morning this day. A few hours later however I was in the middle of a game when my character started to uncontrollably spin and no matter what direction I
    tilted either analog there was no response. Immediately after, the controller shut off and would not turn back on. I plug in the charge cord thinking it needs an update or something, but the light on the cord does not light up nor does the controller turn
    on. So I removed the battery pack and put in a fresh pair of AA batteries. It turned on but would not connect. While trying to connect the controller became super heated and I could smell a strong scent of paint. The kind of flowery clay paint that is cheap
    and used in little kid art classes. I quickly took the batteries out, which were way too hot to even touch. Is my controller just dead now, because I can't use AA batteries or even my Play and Charge Kit?

:)

DJeQuilibrio, Dec 17, 2015
  2. theanikun
    theanikun Guest
    Possible Counterfeit controller?

When i first got this controller around 11/23/13 it was working fine, by 1/1/14 the LB and Left analog stick had broke and about 2 weeks ago, the controller refuses to charge the battery, and refuses to turn on when using non-rechargable

Product S/N:05880381649708 (cant register it on my profile cause its 1 number too long)

Product Model Number: x801769-037

theanikun, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Baal Yamin
    Baal Yamin Guest
    Xbox 360 refuses to turn on

For the record this is a 250 gb Xbox 360 E purchased sometime in 2013

My xbox turned off automatically and now will not turn on except to display a green light for 1 second.

Details:

I was using the xbox in the basement which was somewhat cooler than room temperature. Twice my xbox turned off automatically once in the middle of playing Gears 3 (I had been playing for ~ 1.5-2 hours) and again while I was just looking at statistics in
    the games menu. Then It was only on for ~30 seconds (I timed it). Now when I try to turn it on, it only displays a green light on the power button for 1 sec. The fan or disk drive don't make a noise. The light on the power block/brick w/e is solid orange before
    I turn it on and during the brief time it is on (if it is on for a sec). Hours later the same problem persists (which is why I'm posting this at 12am EST)

At first my father and I thought it was an overheating problem but it turns off automatically too fast for it to get very hot. It may of been that ~ 2 hour session but I've done longer in the past with no problems (although the day before was quite intensive).
    The xbox also had it's vents uncovered and was resting on an open top desk along with it's power block.

I tried looking at fixes and guides but most of them consisted of plugging in the xbox in various orders (didn't work) and the problems others faced usually came with symptoms my xbox did not have (flashing red or orange lights, error messages). Maybe I
    just missed the solution.

I don't quite know what to think. Has anyone here had the same issue? Is it an overheating problem? Did u find a way to fix it?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Baal Yamin, Dec 17, 2015
  4. Controller Refuses To Turn On

It sounds dead to me... but I'm not experienced with controller issues. Mine have always worked perfectly.

Goth Vampirella, Dec 17, 2015
  5. Goth Vampirella Win User

It sounds dead to me... but I'm not experienced with controller issues. Mine have always worked perfectly.
  6. Govind.S1994 Win User

Xbox one controller not working after firmware update

The controller works fine when i plug it viz. USB. But once unplugged it refuses to even stay powered on. It blinks twice and turns off. I even tried using a new pair of batteries but it still refuses to be turned on.
  7. nfsgamer35 Win User

manette xbox one halo 5 guardians ne s'allume plus

Personne pour répondre ????

Traduction en anglais :

Hello, I have a controller xbox one halo 5 guardians who refuses to light.

this

controller was bought 2 and a half years ago, she has an official

battery xbox one and it is by recharging this battery that she refused

to light thereafter. I tested with batteries, but it does not work. The battery works on another controller. I

have the impression that it is a false contact or short circuit because

the light refuses to light up or very weak for some micro seconds and

goes out immediately.

I tried to play with the cable, but when I plug the cable, the controller turns on and off immediately.

What is the warranty period for a controller? or can it be repaired?

It's a collector joystick and I do not want to separate ....

cordially
  8. Baal Yamin Win User

(Posting this here because I'll be referencing this thread in my repair request)

I fear I may have voided the warranty (tampering/external damage) by trying to remove the face plate

details:

While looking up guides on how to repair an Xbox, I mistook a guide for an Original Xbox 360 (despite it being clearly labeled as "Xbox 360 Original Console") for a general Xbox 360 guide. It said to remove the face plate and so I tried on the Xbox 360 E.
    I did not remove the face plate but I did warp the edge in spots. Pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/e3CUIM7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b3ModtC.jpg

The Guide:
    forums.xbox.com/.../153182.aspx

I don't know whether this will be considered tampering or causing external damage (and therefore voiding the warranty) regardless of it's relation to the problem I'm having with the console. I only hope that Microsoft will still accept my request and claim
    to the warranty as that is all I can do.
  9. Baal Yamin Win User

I was afraid so :(

Thank you for the link
Thema:

1. Controller Refuses To Turn On - Similar Threads - Controller Refuses Turn

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  7. I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...: Seriously. Fresh out of the box and off the charger : it won't stay on. It indicates 100% battery so charging doesn't fix this. We have tried all the stupid troubleshoots for this and nothing...
  8. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  9. New regular Xbox controller refuses to stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    New regular Xbox controller refuses to stay on: Whenever I try to turn my controller on, it flashes and vibrates twice before turning off. I'm using it on my PC, so I don't have an Xbox console. The controller has already been updated via cable...
  10. Xbox service center seems to have stolen my controller? Tier 1 support is refusing to help.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox service center seems to have stolen my controller? Tier 1 support is refusing to help.: I sent a controller (in warranty even) to the service center for repair. They sent back some kind of USB stick. I called and escalated the issue. I have been told on five separate occasions now...