Controller randomly won't connect

Discus and support Controller randomly won't connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, have a xbox one s and have two controllers that are up to date. Randomly both have not been able to connect and continuously flash when i turn... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AaronMcEleney, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Controller randomly won't connect

Hi all, have a xbox one s and have two controllers that are up to date. Randomly both have not been able to connect and continuously flash when i turn them on. Trying to pair them up doesn't seem to work either wireless or via USB cable. Have also reset the xbox a few times but nothings changed.

Wonder if anyone else has had this problem and what way to sort it. Thanks

:)

AaronMcEleney, Mar 1, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi AaronMcEleney! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Does the controller works while being conney trough USB? If yes please try this

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If not please try this

Try to restore keeping games and apps, please be sure that you know your account email and password:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console screen, you'll see three option use this one, be sure you remember the email and password of you're accounts:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps
  3. Mister Cizl Win User

XB1 won't stay connected to Live and controllers randomly reset

Hey l NINJA 7 l! Having two consoles on the same network has been known to cause some issues so that may be why you're having an issue here. I would suggest hardwiring at least one if not both of the consoles to see if that helps resolve the issue. Additionally,
    for the controller disconnects, do you have additional consoles or devices around your console that may be causing interference? Try moving your console or the devices around it to see if clearing them out stops the disconnects. Post back and let us know how
    it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

Controller Disconnecting?

Hey there Grieserr,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem with your controller. Go ahead and click on the following support page to troubleshoot this problem.

Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller

Once you are on the support page go ahead and make the following selections:

• select "My controller won't connect to my console or PC"
    • then select "Console"
    • Finally "My controller is getting randomly disconnected"
    Go ahead and give it a try and let us know if this helps.
  5. OneBgBdArtemis Win User

Xbox One controller randomly disconnecting :(

It's the XBox...I had the same issues with a new controller. Returned for another new one, it still has the same problem. My other two controllers do NOT randomly lose connection.
  6. YenMasterSong Win User

Xbox one disconnecting from wifi every 1-5minutes

Does you controller disconnect as well?

I have the same problem, whenever I am using an online connection for a game, my wireless connections just randomly drops, could be as quick as 1 minute or as long as 45 minutes. Also my controller disconnects along with my wireless connection.
Thema:

1. Controller randomly won't connect - Similar Threads - Controller randomly won't

2. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  3. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  4. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  5. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons: Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I...
  6. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  7. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  8. Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?: My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox. Batteries were replaced and did try to reconnect after. The controller will connect if plugged in first. If I disconnect it it will stay connected...
  9. Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly: Hi, My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting for 2-3 seconds at a time when online gaming. I have an Xbox Series X, with a 10foot micro-USB cable connecting the console to a stock Xbox One...
  10. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...