controller randomly sync to my xbox and when it is on the buttons dont work

Discus and support controller randomly sync to my xbox and when it is on the buttons dont work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ive tried all the advise i found online and none of it worked no matter what i do the controller randomly syncs and my buttons dont work. i dont want... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fischer Chapel., Apr 19, 2023.

1. controller randomly sync to my xbox and when it is on the buttons dont work

ive tried all the advise i found online and none of it worked no matter what i do the controller randomly syncs and my buttons dont work. i dont want to buy a new controller and it has no new updates either. i dont know what to do either

:)

Fischer Chapel., Apr 19, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

We need to check if the issue is with the controller or the Xbox console. I would like to clarify, do you have a different controller that you can test if the same issue will occur?

Also, please perform a powercycle on your controller by following the steps below:

"Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.

Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. MOwGLiTHeGOd30 Win User

sync button broken on my controller, can i still connect wirelessly?

Everytime i press the button to sync the controller the xbox sign dont blink and when i tried it with the wire it also didnt work
  4. lxSakuraixl Win User

Controller won't sync to my xbox

Everytime i press the button to sync the controller the xbox sign dont blink and when i tried it with the wire it also didnt work. How do I get it to sync?
    if you have a USB cable then plug it into the xbox and the controller and it should connect.
  5. Vdeathrow93 Win User

Old Xbox 360 controller not working on slim

The old controller work with the Xbox 360 slim. Have you been following these steps to sync your controller?:

To sync them up, power on the Xbox and the controller. Then push the sync button on the Xbox (small black button next to the USB ports on the front), then push the sync button on the controller (location varies depending on the type of controller). When
    you push the sync button the green light will spin in a circle (on both the Xbox and the controller). If the light doesn’t spin in a circle then it isn’t in sync mode and you might have a problem with the controller.

I did this with my own Xbox slim and my old controllers so I know it is possible.

Here is a youtube video of someone showing it work/how to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWGdw_oi0Xc

Hope it works! Happy gaming!
  6. god_0 Win User

xbox elite controller wont sync to pc. sync button doesnt do anything

it does work when i just press the sync button on my controller, without it being plugged in, and while its synced to the xbox, but this is a rare occurrence. and i still have to power on the xbox just to turn on the controller.

this is a newly refurbished controller, so i doubt it is the sync button itself either.
Thema:

1. controller randomly sync to my xbox and when it is on the buttons dont work - Similar Threads - controller randomly sync

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  4. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  5. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  6. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons: Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I...
  7. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  8. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  9. Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?: My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox. Batteries were replaced and did try to reconnect after. The controller will connect if plugged in first. If I disconnect it it will stay connected...
  10. Controller randomly doesn't sync to my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller randomly doesn't sync to my xbox: I'm having this problem on the series s where my controller just shuts off and wont sync to my xbox why does this happen? I've never had this problem before on the xbox one s...