Controller randomly disconnects and sometimes won't turn console on

Discus and support Controller randomly disconnects and sometimes won't turn console on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had this problem for years now. Sometimes I have to completely power my system down to connect my controller. While playing it will also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cainon01, Sep 16, 2017.

1. cainon01
    cainon01 Guest

I have had this problem for years now. Sometimes I have to completely power my system down to connect my controller. While playing it will also randomly disconnect then reconnect. Very frustrating. This is my third controller so it is not the controller.
    Is there an actual fix?

:)

cainon01, Sep 16, 2017
  2. Wireless controller WiFi interferance

When I play with a wireless controller sometimes my controller will randomly disconnect from my console and when this happens my console disconnects from xbox live. Its as if an update has caused this as it only started happening around two months ago. Does
    anyone have any idea why my wireless controller could be interfering with my xboxs wifi? This is really starting to annoy just for how stupid this problem is.

Twitchyn-[xboxvenue], Sep 16, 2017
  3. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    ChiefJoboo, Sep 16, 2017
  4. suic1dal psycik Win User

Wifi Disconnects then Controller

Even with the wireless now turned off (using ethernet) the controller disconnects randomly and will not re-sync without turning it off and on a few times. As I recall the controller uses wifi direct to connect to the console. Fantastic.
  5. CapnPhoton Win User

Controllers Not Responding

Have you tried the controller sync process again? Sometimes you can put an extended warrantee on a console at Gamestop. Also sometimes they do it themselves. You may want to check. However, I had the same problem with my first gen console about 3 years
    ago. It was randomly disconnecting controllers. A few weeks later it went RROD.
  6. Wardaddy865 Win User

why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

The controller randomly disconnects and nearly immediately disconnects again once the controller has been turned back on. I’ve put new batteries in, I’ve re paired the controller to the system, I’ve unplugged the Xbox entirely to try and fix this.
  7. xI CRY 4 WAR Ix Win User

My headset disconnects me from Xbox Live?

Hey A Drunken Kedi

yeah thats what i mean. i turn it on and wait for it to connect then it makes a sound and on the screen it pops saying disconnected from xbox live or sometimes it randomly disconnects or if i walk out the room and come back it will disconnect :/
  8. LEOPECINA Win User

Controller disconnects

Same problem here.. Xb1 S controller randomly disconnects, original xbox one controller has no issues with xb1 S console...
Thema:

1. Controller randomly disconnects and sometimes won't turn console on - Similar Threads - Controller randomly disconnects

2. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  3. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  4. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  5. Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly: Hi, My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting for 2-3 seconds at a time when online gaming. I have an Xbox Series X, with a 10foot micro-USB cable connecting the console to a stock Xbox One...
  6. Xbox controller disconnects randomly pc (Connected with USB)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller disconnects randomly pc (Connected with USB): Hi there, I brought a brand new Xbox Wireless Controller. When I connect it with USB to the PC, it randomly disconnects from the PC while playing. I have to unplug and plug it again to have it...
  7. Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting: Whenever i get on a game (it picks and chooses) the headset will buzz and my controller will blink before disconnecting, it does it continuously until i unplug my mic, does anyone know the problem...
  8. My controller randomly disconnected from my Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller randomly disconnected from my Xbox.: My controller randomly stooped working after I stepped away. It turns on but no input works. I tried to re sync it, plugged it into the console, took out and replaced the batteries and tried to...
  9. How to fix wireless controller randomly disconnecting on only one game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix wireless controller randomly disconnecting on only one game: One of the games I play one my Xbox Series S is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and a thing I keep running into is my controller randomly disconnecting the light flashes in the controller a few times...
  10. Xbox Series X, Controllers randomly disconnecting for a few seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X, Controllers randomly disconnecting for a few seconds: Hi everybody, So I can be happily playing a game then randomly my controller will disconnect, the Xbox button will flash then about 10 seconds later it will reconnect like nothing has happened....