Controller overheated

Discus and support Controller overheated in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I was playing on my xbox when I got the low batteries warning. I kept playing for a while but then the white LED turned off and I figured batteries... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by maxrio, Dec 30, 2015.

1. maxrio
    maxrio Guest

Controller overheated

So I was playing on my xbox when I got the low batteries warning. I kept playing for a while but then the white LED turned off and I figured batteries had died. Today I decided to take away the batteries and plug my controller via USB to my PC to play a
    game (a PC game). When I did, the white LED wouldn't turn on, and after a short while (10 minutes maybe?) the controller overheated near the D-Pad zone. I tried later to plug it back, but still the LED wouldn't turn on.

So what should I do now? Can this be repaired? Is the controller still usable after some fix? How?

Thanks for any help or tip!

:)

maxrio, Dec 30, 2015
  2. Overheated XBOX One controller

I use my XO controller solely with my PC and one day it just overheated for no reason while I left it connected to my PC with a USB cable. It was extremely hot when I touched it and is now faulty and doesn't turn on after numerous attempts to switch it on
    after it cooled down. Tried using AA batteries, doesnt work. The thing is I bought it brand new in box from someone online and I cant do the microsoft repair service online as it keeps telling me the information is wrong, I dont understand.

PrepaidElf91501, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Overheated XBOX One controller

Ok thanks, really disappointed with this lousy controller...

PrepaidElf91501, Dec 30, 2015
  4. jerbear30ky Win User
  5. {Parity} Win User

Has your controller ever overheated before?

No, I have never had an issue with a controller overheating but I have heard of others having the problem.
  6. m1l7onG Win User

Xbox controller and live connection issues

I had that controller problem too but that was due a overheating problems, I recommend don't recharge your controller battery from the console always use a external source of power, just a tip
  7. LLG JuGgErNaUt Win User

Xbox one shutting down

I had this same issue with my X1X and it was because the fan vent was blocked by my controller's battery charger so the console was overheating.
  8. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Xbox One controller overheating

Sounds like a battery issue thats the only thing in the controller I can think that will generate heat? Maybe someone can add to that
Thema:

Controller overheated

1. Controller overheated - Similar Threads - Controller overheated

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631