controller not working

Discus and support controller not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just put on my xbox and it seems the xbox one won't recognise the controller. The light on the controller is coming on and I can go from full... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Non pHiXiOn666, Jan 2, 2014.

1. controller not working

I have just put on my xbox and it seems the xbox one won't recognise the controller.

The light on the controller is coming on and I can go from full screen to the home page with the xbox button. But the thumb sticks and buttons won't register.

I have tried my other controller and that has the same problem. So I recon it has to be the xbox at fault.

Has anybody else had this problem or know of any ways to fix it.

I have already turned it off and on a few times aswell as the soft reset.

Thanks..

:)

Non pHiXiOn666, Jan 2, 2014
  2. soapybint
    soapybint Guest
    Controller not working

It lights up when I stick it into my PC, and just now when I retried it on the Xbox it flashed on the top left and bottom right sections, and now it's fixed. Apparently it needed a kickstart from my PC or something, thanks!

soapybint, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Ishan8123
    Ishan8123 Guest
    Ishan8123, Jan 2, 2014
  4. controller not working

press the little button near the charge and play port then click the little button on the left hand side of the xbox see if that helps.

Mr Blue Playdoh, Jan 2, 2014
  5. the first thing I tried was to re link them but they just don't flash or anything.

I will leave the console unplugged all night and hopefully (fingers crossed) it will be ok.

Just my luck bf has double xp starting and I might not have anyway of shooting them pesky flag catcher people.

Non pHiXiOn666, Jan 2, 2014
  6. whyayemincepie, Jan 3, 2014
  7. Do you have a play and charge kit? If you do try pluging it into the controller maybe it will automatically re connect.

PUDDIN DAGGER, Jan 3, 2014
  8. controller not working

whyayemincepie, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Yanal311 Win User

Controller will not work

my controller just worked! but something is weird, it will not work from 3 pm to 6 om which is kinda weird but i hope it gets better thank you for your support Mister Gwyther :)
  10. whatsAmada Win User

Controller not working

I've heard of this before, you may need to get a new controller. There is no way to fix it. Also, when did you buy it, it may still be under warranty.
  11. XBF Crystal P Win User

Controller not working

12. WhiteAmerica99 Win User

Controller not working

Hi There!

If you have not already, I would suggest to go through the steps listed in the Troubleshoot your
    Xbox One Wireless Controller
    page to help troubleshoot your controller.

Let us know the results.
    That just deals with controller disconnecting so that is of no help to me and my problem
  13. Tomesso Win User

Controller not working

Have you tried connecting your controller to your Xbox with a USB cable? Without batteries of course.
Thema:

controller not working

1. controller not working - Similar Threads - controller working

2. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  3. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  4. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  5. So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming: So my Xbox one controller when connected to my iPad works on almost all apps and on the home screen except for the cloud gaming website where it just doesn’t work. It claims that no controller is...
  6. My son's Xbox controller is leaking blue liquid but still works. Is this dangerous? What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son's Xbox controller is leaking blue liquid but still works. Is this dangerous? What...: My son's Xbox controller (X series) is leaking blue liquid but still works. Is this dangerous? What is it? f5ea27f1-85b5-41db-b3bb-00ce60ab8077
  7. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  8. Xbox controller not working and microsoft uncontactable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not working and microsoft uncontactable: Hi, Im a user from india i have an xbox elite controller which is out of warrenty. i was trying to place a device service and repair but at the checkout it is having some error again and again....
  9. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  10. I threw my controller troller now it won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    I threw my controller troller now it won't work: I threw my elite core controller on the ground and when I go to turn of the xbox using the on screen method and the little white box that surrounds the options you are hovering over whenever I go...