controller not working

Discus and support controller not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just put on my xbox and it seems the xbox one won't recognise the controller. The light on the controller is coming on and I can go from full... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Non pHiXiOn666, Jan 2, 2014.

1. controller not working

I have just put on my xbox and it seems the xbox one won't recognise the controller.

The light on the controller is coming on and I can go from full screen to the home page with the xbox button. But the thumb sticks and buttons won't register.

I have tried my other controller and that has the same problem. So I recon it has to be the xbox at fault.

Has anybody else had this problem or know of any ways to fix it.

I have already turned it off and on a few times aswell as the soft reset.

Thanks..

:)

Non pHiXiOn666, Jan 2, 2014
  2. soapybint
    soapybint Guest
    Controller not working

It lights up when I stick it into my PC, and just now when I retried it on the Xbox it flashed on the top left and bottom right sections, and now it's fixed. Apparently it needed a kickstart from my PC or something, thanks!

soapybint, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Ishan8123
    Ishan8123 Guest
    Ishan8123, Jan 2, 2014
  4. controller not working

press the little button near the charge and play port then click the little button on the left hand side of the xbox see if that helps.

Mr Blue Playdoh, Jan 2, 2014
  5. the first thing I tried was to re link them but they just don't flash or anything.

I will leave the console unplugged all night and hopefully (fingers crossed) it will be ok.

Just my luck bf has double xp starting and I might not have anyway of shooting them pesky flag catcher people.

Non pHiXiOn666, Jan 2, 2014
  6. whyayemincepie, Jan 3, 2014
  7. Do you have a play and charge kit? If you do try pluging it into the controller maybe it will automatically re connect.

PUDDIN DAGGER, Jan 3, 2014
  8. controller not working

whyayemincepie, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Yanal311 Win User

Controller will not work

my controller just worked! but something is weird, it will not work from 3 pm to 6 om which is kinda weird but i hope it gets better thank you for your support Mister Gwyther :)
  10. whatsAmada Win User

Controller not working

I've heard of this before, you may need to get a new controller. There is no way to fix it. Also, when did you buy it, it may still be under warranty.
  11. XBF Crystal P Win User

Controller not working

12. WhiteAmerica99 Win User

Controller not working

Hi There!

If you have not already, I would suggest to go through the steps listed in the Troubleshoot your
    Xbox One Wireless Controller
    page to help troubleshoot your controller.

Let us know the results.
    That just deals with controller disconnecting so that is of no help to me and my problem
  13. Tomesso Win User

Controller not working

Have you tried connecting your controller to your Xbox with a USB cable? Without batteries of course.
Thema:

controller not working

1. controller not working - Similar Threads - controller working

2. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  3. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  4. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  5. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...
  6. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  7. How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2: This past weekend, I was playing on my PC, as usual. Had no problems whatsoever throughout a 4 hour long session. At the end of my game session, I was noticing that my home button was unresponsive...
  8. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  9. Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.: The right joystick suddenly stopped working mid game on my Xbox One with all my controllers, three wireless and one wired. The system recognizes the joystick when testing and with the magnifier....
  10. Xbox controller wont work in fortnight

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont work in fortnight: HELP!! Xbox controller wont work in fortnight. It wont let me click on settings to try and figure anything out. All of the sudden there is a little mouse pointer on the screen. How do I fix this?...