Controller not working for Minecraft

Discus and support Controller not working for Minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My controller is not working only for Minecraft. I have done a console reset, controller reset, uninstall and then reinstall Minecraft and nothing is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Elaina McElroy, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Controller not working for Minecraft

My controller is not working only for Minecraft. I have done a console reset, controller reset, uninstall and then reinstall Minecraft and nothing is working. This is only happening when I try to play Minecraft, otherwise my remote is working fine. How can this be fixed?

:)

Elaina McElroy, Jan 24, 2023
  2. e9070b69-b169-44f4-a Win User

When I connect my PS4 controller to my phone it seems to not work on Minecraft and when I load into a game I can't move just the touch pad on the PS4 controller works got any ideas on how to fix it?

I've played Minecraft pe with ps4 controller before. (2 years ago.)

Now it seems minecraft is porpoisly shutting of the controller. My controller is fully charged it stays connected to my phone everything works until ien Minecraft and it shuts of.

So it seems that they no longer want you to use playstation controllers.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Can I somehow play Minecraft with an Xbox 360 remote on my laptop

Is this the Bedrock edition of Minecraft you're trying to play, or is this the Java edition? Those would be different solutions to get the controller to work.

I'm understanding your setup is a PC with Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver, an Xbox 360 controller, and Minecraft. The controller is working for other titles on the PC, but not so in Minecraft, correct? I am GUESSING that it's the Java version, because
    I do know that the Bedrock edition has built in controller support. The Java edition would require additional mods to make it work, and if so, I would recommend reviewing the Official Minecraft forums for the best solutions that have mods from a trustworthy
    site.
  4. Elaina McElroy Win User

I have done all those solutions. The control and Minecraft are fully up to date. I am still unable to do anything on Minecraft, as soon as the game is in my controller does not work for anything but works fine for all other games.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Make sure your controller is up to date by checking for updates on your Xbox console.

Try resetting your controller by pressing the sync button on the controller and the console.

Make sure that your controller is properly connected to your Xbox console, either wirelessly or with a USB cable.

Try using a different controller or a wired controller to see if the issue is specific to your controller.

Check for any updates for Minecraft on your Xbox console.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

There are a few things you can try to fix this issue:

Make sure that your controller is properly paired with your device and that the batteries are charged.

Check to see if there are any updates available for your controller or the device you are using to play Minecraft.

Try using a different controller or a different device to play Minecraft, to see if the issue is specific to your current controller or device.

Check the Minecraft's settings to ensure that the controller is properly configured for the game.

Try using a third-party controller mapping software, such as Joy2Key or Xpadder, to remap the controller's buttons to work with the game.
Thema:

1. Controller not working for Minecraft - Similar Threads - Controller working Minecraft

2. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  3. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  4. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  5. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...
  6. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  7. How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2: This past weekend, I was playing on my PC, as usual. Had no problems whatsoever throughout a 4 hour long session. At the end of my game session, I was noticing that my home button was unresponsive...
  8. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  9. Controller doesn't work on Minecraft bedrock for Xbox series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller doesn't work on Minecraft bedrock for Xbox series X: Controller doesn't work on Minecraft bedrock for Xbox series x. I have a keyboard plugged in for text chat, but I have no mouse. I use the controller for everything else. The controller works for...
  10. Xbox Controller not working on Minecraft Bedrock on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Controller not working on Minecraft Bedrock on PC: So I just got Minecraft on my PC yesterday and today I tried to play it but my Xbox controller won’t work right. The controller setting are correct but “A” and “B” won’t work. When I press “A”, it...