Controller not working for Fallout 4 in Xbox for Windows

Discus and support Controller not working for Fallout 4 in Xbox for Windows in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 computer, and I have been trying to use the Xbox streaming app to play Fallout 4. The controller works everywhere, EXCEPT with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Spazzy, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Spazzy
    Spazzy Guest

I have a Windows 10 computer, and I have been trying to use the Xbox streaming app to play Fallout 4. The controller works everywhere, EXCEPT with this game. When Fallout 4 starts, the controller just won't work in-game. It works in other games, it works
    on the Home screen, and I can run through all of the apps on the Xbox. Fallout 4 is the only problem game.

:)

Spazzy, Jan 23, 2016
  2. KovyKov
    KovyKov Guest
    D-Pad Control of Headset Audio

Using the new 3.5mm Xbox One controller without Stereo Headset adapter, I know the current method for controlling game audio is through in-game menus. Looking at new screen shots of the Fallout 4 Xbox One controller, it looks like there are audio control
    markings on the D-Pad...is the D-Pad an option for controlling game audio? Link to the Fallout 4 controller:

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Fallout-4-Xbox-One-Controller-1080x600.jpg
    .... Thank you!

KovyKov, Jan 23, 2016
  3. TH3DUBBS
    TH3DUBBS Guest
    when do you think we'll see the fallout 4 announcement?

Maybe Bethesda wont release fallout 4 for for a few more years. But what about obsidian what are they working on? Definitively not fallout 4 but maybe a "fallout: someplace"

TH3DUBBS, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Controller not working for Fallout 4 in Xbox for Windows

ive had the same problem with other games and it is to do with game streaming. what u have to do is start up the game through your tv first and u will find the controls work normally when the game has loaded and then if u start streaming it will work properly.
    i have found if u start the game while u are streaming the controls dont work.

SunflowerSole, Jan 25, 2016
  5. SunflowerSole Win User

ive had the same problem with other games and it is to do with game streaming. what u have to do is start up the game through your tv first and u will find the controls work normally when the game has loaded and then if u start streaming it will work properly.
    i have found if u start the game while u are streaming the controls dont work.
  6. Dave Duval Win User

Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows - Works, but not with games?

What games are having the issue? I know some older games weren't programed with the Xbox controllers. Try Fallout 4, I'm currently using playing that with the Xbox One controller without any problems. If not, upgrading to Windows 10 might fix the issue.
  7. Lofty Who Win User

Which game will be more successful, Skyrim or Fallout 4?

8. Rhypht Win User

Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows - Works, but not with games?

I have tried Fallout 4, GTA V, Shovel Knight, DiRT 3, among several others. None of them worked, though I did find that the controller works with console emulators. Just not any other games.

It would be really impractical to upgrade my entire OS just because of the controller, and I really don't want to use Windows 10 anyway, so that's out of the question. The adapter is officially supported for Windows 7 - Windows 10 now anyway, so the upgrade
    would be less of a fix and more of a workaround for the issue.
  9. King Abiji Win User

Favourite Limited Edition Controller

Definitely the Fallout 4 controller.
Thema:

1. Controller not working for Fallout 4 in Xbox for Windows - Similar Threads - Controller working Fallout

2. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  3. Why wont my controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my controller work: My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it...
  4. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  5. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  6. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  7. xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work: Xbox controller died mid game, usually I can plug it in with usb cable and it continues to work fine. Plugged it in this time and the A, X, B, Y buttons will not work but all other buttons and...
  8. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  9. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  10. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...