Controller not working for Fallout 4 in Xbox for Windows

Discus and support Controller not working for Fallout 4 in Xbox for Windows in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 computer, and I have been trying to use the Xbox streaming app to play Fallout 4. The controller works everywhere, EXCEPT with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Spazzy, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Spazzy
    Spazzy Guest

I have a Windows 10 computer, and I have been trying to use the Xbox streaming app to play Fallout 4. The controller works everywhere, EXCEPT with this game. When Fallout 4 starts, the controller just won't work in-game. It works in other games, it works
    on the Home screen, and I can run through all of the apps on the Xbox. Fallout 4 is the only problem game.

:)

Spazzy, Jan 23, 2016
  2. KovyKov
    KovyKov Guest
    D-Pad Control of Headset Audio

Using the new 3.5mm Xbox One controller without Stereo Headset adapter, I know the current method for controlling game audio is through in-game menus. Looking at new screen shots of the Fallout 4 Xbox One controller, it looks like there are audio control
    markings on the D-Pad...is the D-Pad an option for controlling game audio? Link to the Fallout 4 controller:

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Fallout-4-Xbox-One-Controller-1080x600.jpg
    .... Thank you!

KovyKov, Jan 23, 2016
  3. TH3DUBBS
    TH3DUBBS Guest
    when do you think we'll see the fallout 4 announcement?

Maybe Bethesda wont release fallout 4 for for a few more years. But what about obsidian what are they working on? Definitively not fallout 4 but maybe a "fallout: someplace"

TH3DUBBS, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Controller not working for Fallout 4 in Xbox for Windows

ive had the same problem with other games and it is to do with game streaming. what u have to do is start up the game through your tv first and u will find the controls work normally when the game has loaded and then if u start streaming it will work properly.
    i have found if u start the game while u are streaming the controls dont work.

SunflowerSole, Jan 25, 2016
  5. SunflowerSole Win User

ive had the same problem with other games and it is to do with game streaming. what u have to do is start up the game through your tv first and u will find the controls work normally when the game has loaded and then if u start streaming it will work properly.
    i have found if u start the game while u are streaming the controls dont work.
  6. Dave Duval Win User

Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows - Works, but not with games?

What games are having the issue? I know some older games weren't programed with the Xbox controllers. Try Fallout 4, I'm currently using playing that with the Xbox One controller without any problems. If not, upgrading to Windows 10 might fix the issue.
  7. Lofty Who Win User

Which game will be more successful, Skyrim or Fallout 4?

8. Rhypht Win User

Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows - Works, but not with games?

I have tried Fallout 4, GTA V, Shovel Knight, DiRT 3, among several others. None of them worked, though I did find that the controller works with console emulators. Just not any other games.

It would be really impractical to upgrade my entire OS just because of the controller, and I really don't want to use Windows 10 anyway, so that's out of the question. The adapter is officially supported for Windows 7 - Windows 10 now anyway, so the upgrade
    would be less of a fix and more of a workaround for the issue.
  9. King Abiji Win User

Favourite Limited Edition Controller

Definitely the Fallout 4 controller.
Thema:

1. Controller not working for Fallout 4 in Xbox for Windows - Similar Threads - Controller working Fallout

2. My Xbox Controller’s A button just stopped working I tried resetting it and nothing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller’s A button just stopped working I tried resetting it and nothing...: It is not responsive and I just want to it begin working 28065cd3-6c51-4b32-bbe1-87efea95c3f5
  3. Xbox Series X/S controller button isnt working right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/S controller button isnt working right.: Hello. I have a "sort of" new Xbox Series X/S wired black controller. I just brought it three or four months ago at a Black Friday sales for my Xbox One console to replace my old wired Xbox One...
  4. Wired Controller not working during PC cloud streaming only one one of my computers. It...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wired Controller not working during PC cloud streaming only one one of my computers. It...: The controller works in everything except when I launch skate 3, It literally stopped working in the middle of a game. The controller works in all of my other apps, it works with the xbox UI, I...
  5. So controller works fine to turn on and move about the app but when try to play a game it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So controller works fine to turn on and move about the app but when try to play a game it...: Controller works except when go to game mode then says Status please reconnect ur controller, any clue as to what’s up with this? Thanks 6a4fa958-2423-40be-b852-8afda462992c
  6. Most buttons not working on my Series S controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Most buttons not working on my Series S controller.: I don't know what really happened, I turned off the console and 2 hours later when I turned it on again all button besides the analogs and the triggers stopped working, I've tried power ciclyn...
  7. My Xbox controller isn’t syncing and most of the buttons aren’t working when the sync works

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller isn’t syncing and most of the buttons aren’t working when the sync works: Help My Xbox series s controller is failing to sync and some of the buttons won’t work. A few hours ago I was playing a game and my controller started to vibrate out of nowhere even though I have...
  8. Controller suddenly stops working while playing GTA online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller suddenly stops working while playing GTA online.: My controller suddenly stops working when I play GTA online. I play on the Xbox series s and whenever I play GTA online after 20 min my controller won’t respond, it only happens in GTA online and...
  9. My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working: Hello A couple of days ago I felt like playing a game when I suddenly noticed that my controller wasn't really working. The controller itself lights up as It usually does but I couldn't use the...
  10. wireless controller not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    wireless controller not working: My son’s wireless controller is not working unless plugged in the charger. It’s one month old. Can you help please? 298b44ec-7d8d-4365-b225-c631eb2d95ec