Controller not staying synced.

Discus and support Controller not staying synced. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why does my controller not stay synced to Xbox. Every other day I have to re-sync my controller. I have brand new batteries in controller even swapped... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dally420nKS, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Dally420nKS
    Dally420nKS Guest

Why does my controller not stay synced to Xbox. Every other day I have to re-sync my controller. I have brand new batteries in controller even swapped out for new batteries. Still does same thing. Xbox is only a couple months old.

:)

Dally420nKS, Dec 19, 2015
  2. Controller losing connection

If the controller is having an issue staying synced, it could be the controller itself. The Kinect's IR is also able to sync the controller and if it is covered this may prevent the controller from re-syncing itself through the Kinect. If it happens when
    the Kinect is covered I would make sure to leave it uncovered and see if that helps. My other suggestion would be to see if it does it with another working controller or not as well.

EddieHendrickson, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Hurt MaGurt
    Hurt MaGurt Guest
    Controller Not Synced After Update

Xbox Support on Twitter helped me on this one.

I had to do a complete power down which is holding the power button on the the system for 5 seconds till it shuts off. Then using the button on the system to power it back on. Both wheel and controller work perfect now.

Hurt MaGurt, Dec 19, 2015
  4. KJC618 Win User

controller won't sync with console (already tried new batteries) all lights flashing

these are Microsoft controllers and I have been through the sync process with them and they will occasionally sync for a minute or two but not stay synced.
  5. MaximumExtreme Win User

Xbox 1 controller randomly stops working.

Hi Yonatan, with both the console and controller on hit hold the sync buttons on both the controller and the console at the same time until it starts to cycle. It should be re synced after that and will hopefully stay connected.
  6. k1Helix z Win User

Controllers losing sync and won’t stay synced.

I have the same problem when I turn on the Xbox first and then the controller, however I can still turn on the Xbox using the controller and if I do it this way this problem doesn't happen.

Have you updated the controller firmware yet?
  7. CombatLightbulb Win User

Thank you for the response. I’ve tried with multiple controllers though which makes me believe the issue isn’t with them. I will continue troubleshooting on my own and try to figure out why i suppose.
  8. BlondeBarbie87 Win User

you may have defective controllers i have had this issue in the past as well mine worked fine plugged in but if it was wireless it would keep saying controller not connected or it could also be a defect with the xbox which is normal sometimes through the
    manufactuar i myself had to buy a new system my problem got fixed after doing so but on another note have you tried contacting microsoft via phone you may be able to get the problem fixed faster than you think
Thema:

1. Controller not staying synced. - Similar Threads - Controller staying synced

2. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...
  5. My controller won't stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't stay on: So my controller is saying any new battery I put in it is almost dead and then it turns off after about 3 seconds and it does the same when using a cord how do I fix this?...
  6. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  7. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  8. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  9. Xbox controller won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won’t stay connected: When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This issues persists on both my Xbox elite...
  10. New regular Xbox controller refuses to stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    New regular Xbox controller refuses to stay on: Whenever I try to turn my controller on, it flashes and vibrates twice before turning off. I'm using it on my PC, so I don't have an Xbox console. The controller has already been updated via cable...