Controller issues only 75 DAYS out of the box!

Discus and support Controller issues only 75 DAYS out of the box! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a brand new controller on 10/8/2022, only 75 days ago and have already discovered issues. Only 75 days out of the box, my controller is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by icebearklapper, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Controller issues only 75 DAYS out of the box!

I purchased a brand new controller on 10/8/2022, only 75 days ago and have already discovered issues. Only 75 days out of the box, my controller is experiencing 'phantom input' on the right analog stick (which I believe to be from faulty potentiometers) and the double/triple registering of singular inputs on both the left analog stick and directional pad. I haven't thrown or dropped my controller, and furthermore I wash my hands prior to every time I use said controller so I am certain it is not a case of consumer abuse.

Is there a scenario where I get a functional controller again without losing money?

:)

icebearklapper, Dec 23, 2022
  2. Ana William Win User

Why is my controller drifting when completely clean, handled gently, and only 75 days out of the box???????

I had a similar problem, I followed your steps and it worked, thanks
  3. Georges C. Win User

Why is my controller drifting when completely clean, handled gently, and only 75 days out of the box???????

Hello again, this procedure helps to clear any errors that may be caused by the software in its control, if after running it it still presents the same problem, the ideal would be to send it to Microsoft's warranty.
  4. icebearklapper Win User

clear cache?

I know my controller is up to date, I think the issue is faulty potentiometers. Just a case of bad manufacturing?
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Icebearklapper, I am sorry for what is happening with your controller, If you have a USB cable that can connect your controller to the Xbox, follow the steps below.

First, turn off the console and remove the batteries from your controller, then plug the USB cable into the console and controller.

Then turn on the Xbox through the console's Power button and turn on the controller.

Then clear the cache on the console and check if the control has any updates to be made.

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

After the console restarts and I'm at the console start screen, put the batteries back in the controller, remove the USB cable and see if it stays connected.
  6. Reklaw X Win User

controllers are junk

I must be really lucky with controllers. Only ever had one issue with the titanfall controller when I had it. But that was like that out of the box
Thema:

Controller issues only 75 DAYS out of the box!

1. Controller issues only 75 DAYS out of the box! - Similar Threads - Controller issues DAYS

2. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  3. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  4. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  5. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  6. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  7. Xbox Controller connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connectivity issues: So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then...
  8. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  9. After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account: Disregarding this being my 4th model, I sent my Elite Series 2 Core (Blue) controller I'm for repair under warranty, because (you guessed it) the RB went out. It was returned to me, and the RB...
  10. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...