Controller isn't working

Discus and support Controller isn't working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my controller is not working, it's still in brand new condition but it suddenly stopped staying on. It will power the console on like normal but turns... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Antonio Espinoza1, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Controller isn't working

my controller is not working, it's still in brand new condition but it suddenly stopped staying on. It will power the console on like normal but turns off immediately after and leaves me stuck on the select profile screen. I would say it's like it has low battery but I've tried replacing them with new ones and it does to same thing. I've done lots of research and have tried everything to fix it but nothing seems to work. I would understand if I treated the controller bad but I haven't done anything that would harm it.I would deeply appreciate it if you guys could help me

:)

Antonio Espinoza1, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Controller isn't working

Hi Antonio!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about that here.

To further isolate the issue, I suggest that you try to connect your controller using a USB cable. Check if it works normally when connected using a cable. If it works fine, make sure to check for your controller updates as well.

Be sure to follow all the suggested troubleshooting steps from this link here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If you've tried everything and still having the same issue, I am afraid you need to replace your controller. Check your replacement options here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Controller isn't working

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First try to use a different data USB cable and see if that makes a difference. if it doesn't, download the Xbox Accessory App from the Microsoft store and update the controller firmware https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

if that doesn't resolve the issue, then First check if windows 10 is up to date. Make sure your time and date are correct on your windows settings.

There is an "Optional Updates" button in the smallest print. Kindly check and go to driver, and download the existing drivers needed. Then restart, plug in the Receiver. Go to the same optional updates, and updated the driver.

Make sure that this is turned on "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows" under Advanced Options

Check for store updates: Start menu, select Microsoft Store > More > Downloads and updates > Get updates.

If Updating the system doesn't help, I'll suggest you run a scan to check for problems and repair them.

Press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run Command Prompt as administrator. Next type sfc /scannow in Command Prompt window, and press Enter to start to scan and repair corrupt system files in Windows 10.
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

my controller isn't working

Hey there GhostCrusherX,

Have you tried using another headset with the controller or a different controller to see if that changed anything? What brand and model headset are you using?

Let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  5. ConnorShrimpton Win User

Terraria isn't working with my controller

I think I'm having the same issue is it where the controller just stops working but the game seems to be fine
  6. Janet_C Win User

My xbox controller isn't working

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community.

I will be glad to help you.

Try if the same thing happens connected via USB cable, also check on a PC if the app "Xbox Accessories" detects it and tells you any pending update.

In case it is not detected by any device and behaves the same way via USB, you will have to apply the warranty if you still have it.

Submit an request at this link:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-de...

There you will see your registered devices, select the device that presents the problem and select "Next", fill in the necessary data and you will be able to create your order.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
Thema:

Controller isn't working

1. Controller isn't working - Similar Threads - Controller isn't working

2. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  3. Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.: The right joystick suddenly stopped working mid game on my Xbox One with all my controllers, three wireless and one wired. The system recognizes the joystick when testing and with the magnifier....
  4. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  5. My new wired controller isn't working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new wired controller isn't working.: When I plug my controller in it vibrates, but it won't turn on. Yesterday it started to only connect when the chord was in a certain position, but now it won't turn on at all. I've tried using...
  6. Why isn't my Xbox controller working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't my Xbox controller working?: My Xbox Series controller isn't working. It can turn on my Xbox, but then disconnects and blinks a few times before shuttting off. I restarted it mutiple times and changed batteries and it did...
  7. My xbox controller isn't working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller isn't working: When I press the xbox button on the controller it blinks but won't actually turn on and emits this high pitched noise. Is there a way to fix this or do I just need a new controller?...
  8. My xbox series s sync button isn't working and my brand new controller is just blinking and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s sync button isn't working and my brand new controller is just blinking and...: I hold the sync button and it won't do anything and my controller I bought yesterday worked but when I tried to get on today it just blinks and won't work 08f264bb-1fa2-48b9-8833-42c8211fa657
  9. Terraria isn't working with my controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Terraria isn't working with my controller: I'm playing terraria on my Xbox one and my controller keeps stopping. It's not a console issue because when I press the Xbox button it works just fine. If I try to play keyboard and mouse,...
  10. My Xbox elite series controller isn't responding at all, none of the buttons work and I've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series controller isn't responding at all, none of the buttons work and I've...: Xbox series elite controller, Xbox series X. 8f7ae49a-fabf-492a-816d-dddd352b9144