Controller immediately turns back on after being turned off by holding down the Xbox button

Discus and support Controller immediately turns back on after being turned off by holding down the Xbox button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use an Xbox Series controller with my PC, connected through a second generation Xbox Wireless adapter. When I turn the controller off by holding... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zacabeb, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Zacabeb
    Zacabeb Guest

Controller immediately turns back on after being turned off by holding down the Xbox button

I use an Xbox Series controller with my PC, connected through a second generation Xbox Wireless adapter.

When I turn the controller off by holding down the Xbox button, the controller often immediately turns itself back on. It might take three or four attempts to turn it off. I'm getting this phenomenon with two separate Xbox Series controllers. In both cases the issue started following a firmware update. It does not happen with Xbox One controllers. If I turn them off, they stay off.

I believe that it is a firmware problem given the above behavior and replacing the controllers would be pointless. Reporting an issue to the Xbox teams so that they can look into it alas appears to be impossible.

Is anyone else having the same issue on PC with an Xbox Series controller and the Xbox Wireless adapter?

:)

Zacabeb, Jan 21, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to update the controller and check if there's any changes?

Thanks!
  3. Aubreysmith1 Win User

Xbox one controller failed update, keeps flashing

I have **** down the xbox one, plugged in the controller with no batteries, it immediately started flashing again, without the xbox being on, and it wil not turn on if im holding the controller home button.
  4. ChristopherGrant3 Win User

0x87e1000b

Just hold in the power button to turn it off and then turn it back on immediately. That resolved the issue for me.
  5. DJ Ashyknuckles Win User

Issues Switching Users on Lego Marvel Superheroes

Same here. Quick solution is to turn off the offending controller (hold down the xbox logo button) then have the intended user turn it back on. Really annoying.
  6. Sword Style Win User

HELP!!!

Turn your controller off, then hold down the power button until your console shuts off. Let it sit for a minute, then turn the console back on.
Thema:

1. Controller immediately turns back on after being turned off by holding down the Xbox button - Similar Threads - Controller immediately turns

2. Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord: Hello, While playing Snowrunner on my PC with my Xbox One controller, like I have for over 2 years, it disconnected randomly, while I was driving in the game. In the Bluetooth menu on the PC,...
  3. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  4. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  5. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  6. How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.: I just got a Xbox series x and a brand new controller. Every controller I connect to the Xbox disconnects ever 30 seconds and reconnects. I can’t play games without being frustrated. What do I do?...
  7. Why is my controller unresponsive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller unresponsive?: My Xbox controller randomly stopped working last night.It can turn on and the light stays on still, but none of the buttons etc respond. When I unpaired and tried to pair it to my Xbox again, it...
  8. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  9. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  10. xbox one controller turns off immediately after connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller turns off immediately after connecting: is there a clear solution to this issue? i'm using Win10 with a Xbox Wireless Adapter and Xbox One Controller the issue is there for years now and to my knowledge it's never really been resolved...