Controller immediately turns back on after being turned off by holding down the Xbox button

Discus and support Controller immediately turns back on after being turned off by holding down the Xbox button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use an Xbox Series controller with my PC, connected through a second generation Xbox Wireless adapter. When I turn the controller off by holding... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zacabeb, Jan 21, 2023.

  1. Zacabeb
    Zacabeb Guest

    Controller immediately turns back on after being turned off by holding down the Xbox button


    I use an Xbox Series controller with my PC, connected through a second generation Xbox Wireless adapter.

    When I turn the controller off by holding down the Xbox button, the controller often immediately turns itself back on. It might take three or four attempts to turn it off. I'm getting this phenomenon with two separate Xbox Series controllers. In both cases the issue started following a firmware update. It does not happen with Xbox One controllers. If I turn them off, they stay off.

    I believe that it is a firmware problem given the above behavior and replacing the controllers would be pointless. Reporting an issue to the Xbox teams so that they can look into it alas appears to be impossible.

    Is anyone else having the same issue on PC with an Xbox Series controller and the Xbox Wireless adapter?

    :)
     
    Zacabeb, Jan 21, 2023
    #1
  2. Dericka Win User

    Controller immediately turns back on after being turned off by holding down the Xbox button

    Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

    Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to update the controller and check if there's any changes?

    Thanks!
  3. Aubreysmith1 Win User

    Xbox one controller failed update, keeps flashing

    I have **** down the xbox one, plugged in the controller with no batteries, it immediately started flashing again, without the xbox being on, and it wil not turn on if im holding the controller home button.
  4. ChristopherGrant3 Win User

    0x87e1000b

    Just hold in the power button to turn it off and then turn it back on immediately. That resolved the issue for me.
  5. DJ Ashyknuckles Win User

    Issues Switching Users on Lego Marvel Superheroes

    Same here. Quick solution is to turn off the offending controller (hold down the xbox logo button) then have the intended user turn it back on. Really annoying.
  6. Sword Style Win User

    HELP!!!

    Turn your controller off, then hold down the power button until your console shuts off. Let it sit for a minute, then turn the console back on.
Thema:

Controller immediately turns back on after being turned off by holding down the Xbox button

Loading...
  1. Controller immediately turns back on after being turned off by holding down the Xbox button - Similar Threads - Controller immediately turns

  2. Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

    in XboX Insiders
    Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've played with multiple controllers over the past 10 days and every one of them eventually keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting. It's incredibly frustrating. Has anyone else experienced...
  3. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  4. Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar: When I open the Game Bar—whether via controller or keyboard—while a game is running on xCloud through the Xbox app for PC, the Game Bar "steals" the controller input focus. I am forced to...
  5. Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA

    in XboX Insiders
    Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA: I'm having an issue with Alpha Skip Ahead, possibly using a wired controller specifically the Wolverine V3 TE Edition. Sometimes during gameplay, it's sorta like the controller disconnects...
  6. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  7. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Why whenever I choose any slot on my elite series 2 controller, immediately the button a is...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why whenever I choose any slot on my elite series 2 controller, immediately the button a is...: This started whenever I left my controller on the couch, and it was off. After talking with my brother for a bit, I turned it on, and that's when I noticed it started acting up. At first I thought...
  9. Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after: I used this controller for a month now, it worked great, and it still does if i plug it in with a cable, but out of the blue today it decided to stop working as it did usually. I tried basically...
  10. xbox one controller turns off immediately after connecting

    in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller turns off immediately after connecting: is there a clear solution to this issue? i'm using Win10 with a Xbox Wireless Adapter and Xbox One Controller the issue is there for years now and to my knowledge it's never really been resolved...