Controller Idle Shutoff Timer

Discus and support Controller Idle Shutoff Timer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In short, I'm looking for a way to bypass, or extend, the idle/battery saver/shut off timer, on my controller. Console: Series X, Standard wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZeroAltControl, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Controller Idle Shutoff Timer

In short, I'm looking for a way to bypass, or extend, the idle/battery saver/shut off timer, on my controller.

Console: Series X, Standard wireless controller

Situation: I'm playing a game with mouse and keyboard support, that flips out when the controller disconnects after 15 minutes of inactivity, as well as the voice chat/headset still being connected through the controller. So I'm forced to try to remember to bump the controller before it times out, for the entirety of the gaming session.

Why not just plug the controller in, you ask? Well apparently that doesn't work anymore, and you have to have identified controller input to reset the shutoff timer. Ah ha! Simply rubber band the stick so it has input. Great! Except the game then recognizes the controller input which translates into unwanted game actions. Well, there has got to be a setting for this somewhere, like there used to be, right? Nope. You can change what the CONSOLE does when idle, but not the controller. Unless I missed something incredibly obvious...

Is there any way to do this other than setting a repeating timer for 12.5 minutes, and bumping the stick?

:)

ZeroAltControl, Nov 14, 2021
  2. ZeroAltControl Win User

Now I haven’t tested it, yet, but I understand that the controller won’t time out when watching a movie or Netflix with a headset plugged in. This would mean it’s gotta be situational, right? As previously stated, the game has to register the controller as active or it throws an error, so a wireless headset doesn’t help me, because the controller will still time out.
  3. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Sadly has no way to configure this in the controller that prevents it from turning off itself or extending the time it can stay on. A workaround is to buy a wireless headset and use it with the console, then you won't need the controller.
  4. Zymesh-9448E794-85DD Win User

Family Timer and Powering Off the Xbox

just wondering if your using Kinect? if you do, any movement that the kinect picks up will reset the timer for auto shutdown when idle.

Also any Controller thats connected to the console via the play and charge kit wont enable the auto idle shutoff even if its turned on.

Not sure if your using an external Hard drive for storage but i think that also affects the auto shutdown when its pluged in?
  5. taidara Win User

Xbox live disconnecting when playing privately

In your router settings, look for ReAuthentication Timer and Idle Timeout Timer. Set value to max. Do not forget to apply changes.
  6. DarthLama Win User

HEY, Bioware... Do Something About the Freeloaders!

-Snip-

Sorry, post was off topic, I still think that the idle/kick timer is the best way to go.
Thema:

1. Controller Idle Shutoff Timer - Similar Threads - Controller Idle Shutoff

2. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  3. I can get my controller off of fast scroll.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can get my controller off of fast scroll.: I can get my controller off of fast scroll. 763744de-ab88-4474-b311-8b17845f245d
  4. Xbox X controller no longer pairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controller no longer pairs.: My Xbox ONE X controller no longer pairs to my console. It seems to be since it updated 14/04. I have tried all troubleshooting suggested and still doesn't work. It's not interference as was fine...
  5. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  6. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  7. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  8. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  9. Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord: Hello, While playing Snowrunner on my PC with my Xbox One controller, like I have for over 2 years, it disconnected randomly, while I was driving in the game. In the Bluetooth menu on the PC,...
  10. Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...: When the controller turns off while in a game i lost control over the controller in several games such as apex, dead island 2,call of duty black ops 3 and several other games please test this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x controller idle settings