Controller headset jack broke

Discus and support Controller headset jack broke in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive bought 3 controllers, all 3 have had broken headset jacks within the first couple months, its a waste of money i’m switching to ps4... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CodY05Turner, Aug 2, 2019.

1. CodY05Turner
    CodY05Turner Guest

Ive bought 3 controllers, all 3 have had broken headset jacks within the first couple months, its a waste of money i’m switching to ps4

:)

CodY05Turner, Aug 2, 2019
  2. EPIC PersyMan Win User

if you device is still under warranty microsoft can fix it for you.
  3. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello CodY05Turner,

Thank you for replying back. As previously mentioned by both XBF Amber and XBF Ezra, it is our recommendation that you try to create a replacement order for your controller either through the

Devices website
    or you can
    Contact Support
    for further assistance.

If you controller is still under warranty, (90 days for standard controller, 120 for Design lab and a year for Elite Controller), you can go to the website as mentioned or contact support and get a replacement. However, if your controller is no longer
    under warranty you will need to seek out purchasing a new replacement controller.

At this time we will be locking this thread as there are no other resolutions for tis issue. If you have any further questions please feel free to create a new thread. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi CodY05Turner,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you may be having with your Xbox One Controllers and the 3.5mm headphone jacks. I recommend to take a look at the following troubleshooting resources:

• Have you updated your controller’s softwareto support
      the Stereo Headset ?
    • Make sure your controller has fresh batteries. When the batteries get weak, some controller functions, such as audio and rumble, are turned off to conserve the remaining power.
    • Make sure your Headset Adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your Stereo Headset’s 3.5-mm cable is securely plugged into the Headset Adapter. You will know it’s plugged in properly if you press the mute button and the LED lights
      up.
    • Try your Xbox One Stereo Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working. If not, the headset will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the
      Xbox Online Service Center.
    • Try your Stereo Headset and Stereo Headset Adapter on another controller, if you can.To make sure its compatible, check out support article about that entitled Xbox
      One controller and headset compatibility
      . If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controlleragain. If that fails, the controller will
      need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox Online Service Center.

Hope this helps.
  5. choppyseize Win User

What's broken on them specifically? Can you give us more details as to what's going on please?
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi CodY05Turner,

Thanks for your response. Like Amber had mentioned, you can visit the
    Xbox Online Service Center
    for controller service options or you can use the
    Contact Us
    portal to get in touch with an agent so they may help with review options for servicing your controller.

I hope this answers your question.
Thema:

1. Controller headset jack broke - Similar Threads - Controller headset jack

2. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  3. Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in: Hi, my daughter is trying to play my xbox one when she plugs a headset in it works OK in the fortnight lobby but as soon as a game loads it disconnects the controller. Any ideas? Thanks...
  4. My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...: Can anyone Help me the disconnecting is CONSTANT it doesn’t stop at all a0a1dc9f-61de-404a-a213-d12b65c72cdb
  5. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  6. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  7. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  8. Controllers and headset disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers and headset disconnecting: Since I bought my new TV (LG C3 77") I have big problems with my two controllers and Xbox wireless headset on my Xbox Series X. The Xbox button begins to flash on the controllers and it...
  9. Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect: I have an issue that when my wored headset is connect to my Xbox One controller, I have audio issues and my controller will desync. The audio is almost always spotty but the controller will...
  10. Controller and headset disconnecting from series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and headset disconnecting from series x: Happens a few times a week where it will just keep happening every few minutes or so. Reset the console, tried different controllers etc but still does it. 8f724b47-cc25-4703-883f-a3a9ff301ceb