Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update

Discus and support Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Following this latest update, I have audio distortion in party chat on any controller used. It has never been an issue prior. Reboots and unplugging... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Knowledge_VIG, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update

Following this latest update, I have audio distortion in party chat on any controller used. It has never been an issue prior. Reboots and unplugging the console have not worked. Reports submitted. It occurs when using the controller in any way and running a game while in chat maintains the distortion for the duration. Outside of chat audio works fine. I use a Logitech G635 with the 3.5mm cable attached to the controller.

submitted by /u/Knowledge_VIG
    [link] [comments]

/u/Knowledge_VIG, Aug 12, 2022
  2. miketja Win User

Series X and wireless Headsets issues

I have the exact same issue, same headsets too. I bought the Turtle 600 gen 2 and had this issue, then bought the new Xbox Wireless Headset, hoping it'd work better, but it doesn't. Exact same symptoms -- playing a game like Gears 5 or Metro Exodus, with a Series X and the new controller, any cutscenes will have audio stuttering after 10-20 seconds. If I move the stick on the controller, the audio comes back... and then stutters again after 10-20 seconds. This is repeatable and consistent. Standard (release) Series X software, latest updates applied to controller and headsets.

It's a known problem since launch, lots of reports, and lots of comments that it's being fixed in a future software release. Clearly this hasn't been fixed yet. So, is there any workaround, other than connecting an old Xbox One controller? Does it matter which audio codec is used (I'm using Dolby Atmos)?

It's not local RF interference, I've minimised that too, and ensured I have line-of-sight to the Xbox. And given that it is clearly reproducible and directly relates to whether the Series X controller is being used, and doesn't matter which headset I use, it definitely seems like a Series X problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Party/game audio mixer greyed out Xbox series x

Hello Bex V, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

If the audio mixer settings on your Xbox Series X are greyed out, and you're unable to adjust the game audio volume while using your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset, here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Ensure that your Turtle Beach headset is running the latest firmware version. Visit Turtle Beach's official website and download any available firmware updates specifically designed for your headset model. Follow the provided instructions to update the firmware.

2. Confirm that your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset is fully compatible with the Xbox Series X. While the headset may have worked fine with your previous Xbox One S, it's essential to verify its compatibility with the newer console. Check Turtle Beach's website or contact their support to confirm compatibility.

3. Perform a full power cycle of your Xbox Series X. To do this, hold down the power button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it fully shuts down. Afterward, unplug the power cord from the back of the console, wait for a few minutes, then reconnect the power cord and turn on the Xbox again. This can help clear any temporary software glitches.

4. On your Xbox Series X, go to the Settings menu. Navigate to "General" > "Volume & audio output." Check the audio settings and ensure that the correct audio output device (your Turtle Beach headset) is selected. Make any necessary adjustments to the audio settings, such as enabling or disabling features like Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos.

5. In the Xbox settings, go to "General" > "Volume & audio output" > "Headset audio." From there, select "Reset headset audio options" to reset the audio settings specific to your headset. This can help resolve any conflicting settings that may be causing the issue.

6. If you're using a wireless Xbox controller with your headset, make sure it has the latest firmware version. Connect the controller to your Xbox Series X using a USB cable and follow the on-screen prompts to update the controller's firmware.

7. If possible, test your Xbox Series X with a different headset to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the headset or the console itself. If the audio mixer settings work fine with another headset, it suggests an issue with your Turtle Beach headset.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Turtle Beach Audio Issue

seams to be a glitch with the latest controller update, i have to press the audio preset button on the headset adapter to get the audio to work ok, super human hearing is off, been using these for the past 9 months or more with no issues, try them on my
    other controller that is not updated and they work great so this is an update issue, typical.
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything

Hello, David my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

I understand your frustration with your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset not having microphone monitoring working on your Xbox Series X. It's important to troubleshoot further before assuming hardware failure.

Here are some additional steps you can try to resolve the microphone monitoring issue on your Xbox Series X:

Update your Xbox and headset:

Xbox: Ensure your Xbox Series X is running the latest software update. Go to Settings > System > Updates and downloads.
    Headset: Download and install the latest firmware update for your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset through the Turtle Beach Audio Hub app.

Double-check your settings:

Xbox:
    Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    Select your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset.
    Ensure "Microphone" is enabled and adjust the "Microphone monitoring" level to your preferred setting.
    Headset:
    Check the headset's audio controls for any mute buttons or volume adjustments that might be affecting the microphone.

Test your microphone:

Use the built-in microphone test feature on your Xbox to ensure your microphone is working properly. Go to Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories. Select your headset and choose "Test microphone."

Disconnect and reconnect your headset:

Turn off your Xbox Series X and completely unplug your headset.
    Wait for a minute, then plug your headset back in and turn on your Xbox.

Try a different controller or headset:

If possible, try using a different controller or headset to see if the microphone monitoring issue persists. This can help you isolate the problem to your headset or controller.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

Hi again NatisuNeDraek.

Oh sorry i was thinked you have the problem with an pc try this troubleshootings

Double-check Mic Monitoring:

Ensure microphone monitoring is truly disabled. Go to Settings > Audio > Headset & Speakers > Microphone > Mic monitoring and confirm it's set to "Off".
    If you're using a headset with a dedicated mic monitoring control, check if it's turned off as well.

Update Controller Firmware:

Outdated controller firmware can sometimes cause audio issues.
    Connect your controller to your Xbox Series X using a USB cable.
    Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    Select your controller and check for updates.

Check Chat Overlay:

Sometimes, the in-game chat overlay can cause audio feedback.
    While in a party or game chat, open the guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
    Select "Parties & chats".
    Check if the "Show chat overlay" option is enabled. Disable it and see if the echo disappears.

Restart Console and Headset:

A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary glitches.
    Turn off your Xbox Series X and your headset completely.
    Wait for 30 seconds and then turn them back on.

Try Different Audio Output:

If you're using TV speakers, consider trying headphones or a different headset to see if the issue persists.
    This can help isolate the source of the problem.

Check Headset Connection:

Ensure your headset is properly connected to your controller or the Xbox console itself.
    Disconnect and reconnect the headset to ensure a secure and stable connection.

Update Audio Drivers:

If you're using a USB headset, update its audio drivers on your PC.
    This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with your Xbox Series X.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, have a nice day. Oskayra
Thema:

Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update

1. Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update - Similar Threads - Controller headset audio

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  4. Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in: Hi, my daughter is trying to play my xbox one when she plugs a headset in it works OK in the fortnight lobby but as soon as a game loads it disconnects the controller. Any ideas? Thanks...
  5. My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...: Can anyone Help me the disconnecting is CONSTANT it doesn’t stop at all a0a1dc9f-61de-404a-a213-d12b65c72cdb
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  7. No audio through series S controller headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through series S controller headset: I can’t get any audio at all through my headset for my series S controller. The audio works when I use the headset with a different controller and it also comes through the tv speakers fine....
  8. Why is my dpad controlling my headset audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my dpad controlling my headset audio: [mod removed - personal information] 4f10801b-3309-4bc0-b1c9-b8c5f865a905
  9. D-Pad Control of Headset Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    D-Pad Control of Headset Audio: Using the new 3.5mm Xbox One controller without Stereo Headset adapter, I know the current method for controlling game audio is through in-game menus. Looking at new screen shots of the Fallout 4...
  10. Xbox One Audio Headset Control Panal Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Audio Headset Control Panal Issue: My xbox one headset control panel is making a creaking noise when you push on it or the buttons, like its rubbing against something or loose. Any fix? addfd1b7-ce5c-4f72-b46c-9a1e29caecfa