Controller having bumper issues, something called "drifting"

Discus and support Controller having bumper issues, something called "drifting" in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey, I have about 2 months ago bought a new xbox controller for playing on my PC. It worked well for about 1 week ago, then the issues came. I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Lintrical, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Lintrical
    Lintrical Guest

Hey, I have about 2 months ago bought a new xbox controller for playing on my PC. It worked well for about 1 week ago, then the issues came. I was playing any game and my left bumper where I controll my charachter, started being stuck when pushing it forward or backwards. This made my controller almost unusable. I cant send my controller to service, due to me not having my orginal package containing my controller, only my controller and warranty. What do I do?

:)

Lintrical, Jun 7, 2021
  2. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello you can check to see if the controller is till under warranty and have it fixed
  3. Lintrical Win User

Oh yeah, I said wrong in the main message. But I will try it, and come back.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Thats not drifting

Drifting is when the thumbsticks stick and keep going into one direction

That's a sticky button

It's best to report the actual issue

Have you cleaned between the bumper toothpick works best

Also you don't need the original box you just need to register the controller online at devices.Microsoft.com
  5. Lintrical Win User

Yeah, I did and it still have the warranty, but I dont have the box that came with the Xbox Controller.
  6. Lintrical Win User

I have cleaned my thumbstick with the toothpick, but it stills drifting?
Thema:

1. Controller having bumper issues, something called "drifting" - Similar Threads - Controller having bumper

2. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  3. My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...: Fix this bug with the series x or your going to have everyone run to ps5 51841de2-6e96-440b-83c1-d7d9717b36d5
  4. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  5. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  6. Where can I go to get an Xbox One controller fixed?I have a spot on the back of my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I go to get an Xbox One controller fixed?I have a spot on the back of my...: Can someone tell me where I can get an xbox one controller repaired 0db2076c-60c7-4874-8534-81d368b1f55d
  7. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  8. I have sent Xbox my elite controller to fix as there was a bumper issue. I used to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent Xbox my elite controller to fix as there was a bumper issue. I used to be able...: I have sent Xbox my elite controller to fix as there was a bumper issue. I used to be able to track the package until it got to the destination for repair. How can I check the order status...
  9. Every Xbox controller I own ends up having a disfunctional right bumper button, sometimes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every Xbox controller I own ends up having a disfunctional right bumper button, sometimes...: As the title states, I always seem to have an issue with my controllers having a broken right bumper without long time use. This is probably the 5th time I've had this occur, and all times it's...
  10. Do the xbox one controllers model 1708 have shock motors in the bumpers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do the xbox one controllers model 1708 have shock motors in the bumpers?: I know the newer newer x/s ones have 4 motors total (2 in the bumper triggers). Do the model 1708 only have 2? jw, thanks. e37ae00d-cd4f-4342-8048-5fc6e05864c3