Controller for xb1 won't turn on

Discus and support Controller for xb1 won't turn on in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by C X5, May 28, 2023.

1. C X5
    C X5 Guest

I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working

:)

2. DeniqL Win User

Hi, I'm Luis a Xbox user just like you. Thanks for reaching out us here.

Unfortunately If it doesn’t work when connected to your console with a USB cable, your controller needs to be replaced.
  3. xXGriMnEviLXx Win User

BF4 360 FOOTAGE

Seems like they are ashamed of it on XB1 also as the big reveal that Major Nelson spoke of turned out to be shown on PC with XB1 controllers. With only 20 stations' 12 of which where empty.
  4. FeasorOfTorts Win User

Xbox One IR Blaster commands

Hi there,

I too am interested in this: the XB1 should send discrete power On and Off commands, not simply power toggle. What's the latest news on this issue?

Also, I have a few suggestions for the Xbox One Developers/Team:

1) Assuming XB1 is in Instant-On mode, saying "Xbox On" should turn on the console only. Saying "Xbox Everything On" or "Xbox All On" should turn on everything (XB1 console, TV, cable/set-top box, A/V receiver, etc.). Similarly for Off.

2) Using the controller, pressing the Xbox button (or holding the Xbox button for a short time--e.g., 1 sec) should turn on XB1 console only. Holding the Xbox button for a longer time (e.g., 3 secs) should cause everything to turn on (e.g., XB1 console,
    TV, cable/set-top box, AVR, etc.). When holding the Xbox button to turn off, there should be three options: turn off console, turn off controller, or turn everything off (e.g., console, TV, box, AVR, controller, etc.)

3) Perhaps, there should also be separate commands for turning on or off each individual device. For example "Xbox TV turn on" and "Xbox TV turn off"; "Xbox Cable Box turn on" and "Xbox Cable Box turn off"; "Xbox, AVR turn on" and "Xbox, AVR turn off", etc.

Thanks for reading!
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Controller won't turn on

6. XBF Steven R Win User

Controller won't turn on

Hey there Darrell Williams7,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to deal with this issue. I can totally understand how this could drive anyone a little nuts. The thing is, if the steps

outlined here
    did not do the trick and your controller is not eligible for a
    warranty replacement,
    you would more than likely have to replace it yourself.

Thanks for reading!
Thema:

1. Controller for xb1 won't turn on - Similar Threads - Controller xb1 won't

2. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  3. Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...: I have 2 Xbox Series controllers, which i use witch my PC. At first i played via bluetooth and didn't notice any problems. Then i started using cable because i was tired of buying new batteries))...
  4. Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration: I have had the series x for awhile and recently had sudden issues with input lag from my controller where I can't aim properly and the acceleration speed seems way high so I checked my controller...
  5. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  6. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  7. XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore

in XboX Insiders
    XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore: After spamming the sprint button in every game I play, my left stick has stopped pressing down consistently. It makes it really hard to consistently sprint when I want to. Any recommendations on...
  8. Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 - Can't control via XB1 with IR Blaster Cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 - Can't control via XB1 with IR Blaster Cable: I've been struggling to get my XB1 to control my Fios STB for a while now. I saw other posts regarding this, and they were unsolved. They also suggested creating new posts for each person in...
  9. XB1 Changing Channels Without My Control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1 Changing Channels Without My Control: I went on a trip for 5 days recently and when I came home, my Xbox One was off as if it had automatically updated itself. After turning it back on and using it for a while, I notice 3 new/strange...
  10. XB1 Stereo Adapter Volume Control

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Adapter Volume Control: When I eventually get a "playable" mix of game/chat it is pure luck. Can someone please explain to me how the adapter works? I understand the controller/person (game/chat) buttons on the left...