Controller Firmware Update Loop on Xbox Accessories App

Discus and support Controller Firmware Update Loop on Xbox Accessories App in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I bought an Xbox controller to play my games on my PC. I installed the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store on my Windows 11 PC. It keeps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dahi Nemutlu, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Dahi Nemutlu
    Dahi Nemutlu Guest

Hi,

I bought an Xbox controller to play my games on my PC. I installed the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store on my Windows 11 PC. It keeps telling me that I need to update my controller. It finishes updating in seconds, but when it returns to the home screen, it says I still need to update and it gets stuck in this loop.

You can watch this video I recorded, to see the problem.

• I have another controller which is the exact same model, but I don't experience the same issue with that.
    • I tested the same steps on another PC with another cable and it had the same issue.
    • I don't have an Xbox console to try the update over the console.
    Please help me to fix the issue or at least, put an option on the Xbox Accessories app to reset the firmware to the factory settings.

:)

Dahi Nemutlu, Mar 26, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Resetting the controller can sometimes fix communication issues between the controller and the PC. To reset the controller, use a small pin or paperclip to press the small button on the back of the controller near the USB port. Hold the button for a few seconds until the Xbox button starts flashing, then release it. Try to update the controller again and see if the loop is resolved.

Try a different USB cable, a faulty USB cable can sometimes cause communication issues between the controller and the PC, so try using a different cable to connect the controller to your PC.

Sometimes an app can get stuck in a loop, and uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Accessories app can sometimes fix the issue. You can do this by going to the Start menu, searching for "Apps & features," finding the Xbox Accessories app, and selecting "Uninstall." Then, reinstall the app from the Microsoft Store.
  3. Samuel Grace Win User

for me, and im having the same issue, its not doing anything, now what can i try?
  4. Klofi Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 cannot wake Windows 10 PC via controller

The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 has the newest driver (there's no firmware update in Xbox Accessories app) and the Xbox Series controller has the newest firmware (updated via Xbox Accessories app). Didn't help.
  5. cy43rguru Win User

Xbox One controller firmware update, on PC

The Xbox Accessories app is the right place for this. In an upcoming update for the app, firmware update support will be included for all controllers within the app.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox muted on 2 machines

Hi, if you believe the issue is due to the firmware of the controllers, then try updating the controllers firmware. You can do that using the Xbox accessories app.
Thema:

1. Controller Firmware Update Loop on Xbox Accessories App - Similar Threads - Controller Firmware Update

2. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  3. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  4. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  5. Xbox Console and Xbox Accessories App have different controller firmware updates? Which is...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console and Xbox Accessories App have different controller firmware updates? Which is...: I have both a Green Recycled Series S/X controller and a FH5 Series S/X controller. I use the FH5 controller mainly on PC and the Green Recycled controller mainly on Xbox One X. I got an update...
  6. Controller Firmware Updating for Tesla

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Firmware Updating for Tesla: Does anyone know what this lady means about 3rd-party tools for flashing older firmware? I’ve looked around but Google isn’t really getting me anywhere. Thanks. It’s the Vanessaez reply to my...
  7. Is their a Place where they post when they have a new firmware update for their controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is their a Place where they post when they have a new firmware update for their controllers?: Don't Have internet at home right now and its a pain to check on my laptop manually. was wondering if they post it somewhere so i could set something up like rss feeds for when they do....
  8. Elite Series 2 - Controller firmware update 5.19.3223.0 - Perfection!

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 - Controller firmware update 5.19.3223.0 - Perfection!: Whatever the engineers did, great job! For the first time the Elite Series 2 / Core responsiveness feels near instant in wireless mode. Updated from 3202 to 3223 Thanks! submitted by...
  9. How to: revert controller firmware in 2023?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to: revert controller firmware in 2023?: The new series x controllers were working fine in game until it did an update. What I found to revert the firmware does not work in 2023. Curious if there is another way?...
  10. Xbox One Controller Model 1697 - Can't revert firmware?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Model 1697 - Can't revert firmware?: Hi, First, the controller worked fine until yesterday. I tried to connect the controller with the TP-Link UB500 Bluetooth adapter and after doing everything like: - Update the FW of the...