Controller Double Input

Discus and support Controller Double Input in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So for the past year my controller has had this reoccurring problem with double inputs. Like when I press the A or B button, sometimes it would be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DestinyChan, Jan 17, 2023.

1. DestinyChan
    DestinyChan Guest

Controller Double Input

So for the past year my controller has had this reoccurring problem with double inputs. Like when I press the A or B button, sometimes it would be registered as being pressed twice. I've had two controllers have this problem and they both were up to date. This problem occurs in many games even in the main dashboard. I have already tried hard restarting the console but still the problem occurse.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Edit: I forgot to mention my console is a Series S

:)

DestinyChan, Jan 17, 2023
  2. killjoy D22 Win User

controller fix

is your controller doing random inputs and double inputs? mine started yesterday
  3. Francia J. Win User

Controller Double Input

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If this is happening with multiple controllers the issue can be with the console itself. I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. DestinyChan Win User

Controller Double Input

Hi, sorry it took so long.. I just tried both options and neither worked. The double input problems are still very much present.
  5. XBF John Win User

Xbox One/Series controller registering double press on A button on Windows 10

Okay, and thank you for the translation I appreciate your efforts. Let's try and confront piece by piece to see if we can find a solution, if something works then it will let me know that it could pinpoint the software issue.

For steam I found this thread on their support forums: Controller Double Tapping :: Help and Tips (steamcommunity.com) where most users experiecing this problem comments that it may be the configurator. The suggestions are:

"Under controller configuration, select the setting for the A button (or the button having issues), under activator type, give a minimum value (non zero) to fire end delay and it should fix this."

"- Right-click the game having issues
    - Go to Manage > Controller Configuration
    - Click the Y/X/B/A button group, bottom right corner for me
    - Click the A button
    - Add just a tiny bit to the slider for Fire End Delay
    - Click Back, Back, Done
    - Enjoy"

For Batman: Arkham Asylum/City, try these and see if it eliminates the double press issue.

For later reference I will post these for review to see if anything helps us out here:

Xbox One controller buttons bounce (double tap) with wireless - Microsoft Community

1 controller but double input? | NVIDIA GeForce Forums

Occasional double input with Xbox one controller (A button) (PC) | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

Xbox One controller double input on "A" button - Microsoft Community

Thank you,

6. Gramidar Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

I have this issue as well double input and all then if i roll back its all fine

Updated to Anv. ed and it worked for 2 hrs game play still double input in steam big picture but pc went sleep woke up and now cant connect controller grrrrrrrrr
Thema:

Controller Double Input

1. Controller Double Input - Similar Threads - Controller Double Input

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  4. How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?: Fairly recently, I've had terrible upward drift on my right stick. It shows up even in the recalibration menu, but after recalibrating it still persists. I thought it was a controller issue, but...
  5. Playing xbox, streaming to PC, using remote play and controller giving double input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing xbox, streaming to PC, using remote play and controller giving double input.: I can play my Xbox just fine with my wireless elite controller, and I can play numerous games. I recently purchased a streaming PC that has windows 11. Ive set up remote play, and tried trouble...
  6. So when i ɓoot up my xbox and controller and d pad is broken when i tap it it double taps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when i ɓoot up my xbox and controller and d pad is broken when i tap it it double taps...: My controller d pad is souble clicking and its glitching out and yesterday it was forking fine e47317ab-deea-476e-9cec-e88c509aa93c
  7. Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?: I just started experiencing this issue a few weeks ago while using my xbox controllers on my pc, and it's been absolutely pissing me off. I've been troubleshooting for days on end and even got a...
  8. Xbox Controller Button Double Input Bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Button Double Input Bug: Some background: So the past 2 years I've been through 3 xbox controllers (2 xbox series x brand controllers, and a Razer Wolverine v2 wired controller). I'm not rough with them AT ALL. I don't...
  9. How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?: I recently purchased an Xbox Series Controller for my PC. When I'm playing games downloaded on the Xbox App or using the Controller on the app itself my inputs will be doubled or just wrong. On...
  10. My Controller double clicks

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Controller double clicks: My controller double clicks from time to time but when I play games it happens most of the time what should I do ??? a200057a-2066-4c6c-94e3-766f4926cce0