Controller doesn’t work with new fortnite update

Discus and support Controller doesn’t work with new fortnite update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The buttons on my controller stopped working with the new fortnite update. I have changed the batteries, tried a different controller, re-synced the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by melo2mimi, Sep 21, 2022.

1. melo2mimi
    melo2mimi Guest

The buttons on my controller stopped working with the new fortnite update. I have changed the batteries, tried a different controller, re-synced the controller, updated them and the Xbox 1, restarted fortnite several times and uninstalled and reinstalled it twice. Same problem every time. Even deleted my fortnite account and signed up again. I contact epic games and they had me try all the fixes they knew, they even reset the settings on my controller but that didn’t work either. Any suggestions? Controllers work on other games and the main Xbox menu, just stop working when Fortnite loads

:)

melo2mimi, Sep 21, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this melo2mimi

As you say, could be an issue with Fortnite itself and not with your Xbox. But we can try to isolate the issue a bit more.

First, if you try connecting the controller via cable, it works or not at all?

Did you tried factory resetting your console but keeping games and apps?

Go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps
  3. Seriousdoldfish Win User

Jurassic world evolution 2 freezes then shuts off my xbox

Same issue here, it shuts down every 20 or so minutes on my Xbox 1. Except mine doesn’t turn back on, I have to manually turn it on by getting up a pressing the button on the console (controller doesn’t work when it crashes). Every other game works just fine but JWE2. It might be the new update because it happened after I bought the new dominion DLC
  4. x711xCoZzAx Win User

Xbox Accessories Update Requirement

5. THOMAS WARWICK1 Win User

Controller not working on pc

It’s the newest Xbox controller.

My old Xbox controller worked via a usb cable but this new one won’t.

Both controllers official Xbox

Thank you for your reply. Is it the new controller that doesn’t work on windows 10? That’s a shame I’ve bought a new controller for nothing 😪
  6. JIVE-TURKEEE Win User

Xbox one mic issue when on Fortnite

Mic will not work consistently. It may work 1 out of 10 times when starting the game. We've done every trick, from turn mic off in Fortnite and back on. We've tested in Skype. We've verified every setting Xbox privacy settings. We bought 2 headsets, 1
    new controller, new batteries and a brand new Xbox with another new controller. We've updated firmware on new controllers. Still same issue. This is a Fortnite on Xbox issue... From the thread here it seems to be going on for months. What's the deal? THE FIX
    IS TO THROW YOUR XBOX IN THE TRASH AND GET A PLAYSTATION IS WHAT I'M HEARING!
Thema:

1. Controller doesn’t work with new fortnite update - Similar Threads - Controller doesn’t fortnite

2. Controller doesn’t respond to buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn’t respond to buttons: I was watching a show, when the episode ended, so I turned my controller back on from sleep. But when the light stopped flashing and went solid, none of the buttons were doing anything, including...
  3. Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesn’t work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesn’t work unless plugged in: My Xbox Elite 2 controller only works when plugged in. I noticed while playing the controller would disconnect occasionally and make me sign back in. The controller works while plugged in and...
  4. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  5. Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?: My parents bought me a Xbox certificated wired controller for Christmas,i was excited to get on the get game and talk to my friends. I plugged my mic port in and started to talk but my mic was...
  6. How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work: I was playing Fortnite today and noticed that I couldn’t move backwards and I would just keep going straight. I went to the Xbox controller test in the Xbox accessories app and when I try to move...
  7. Controller pairs but doesn’t work

in XboX Insiders
    Controller pairs but doesn’t work: So I’ve been having this issue a lot recently and I have no idea what causes it or why it’s happening. Whenever the controller turns itself off from inactivity and I return to turn it back on,...
  8. My wired Xbox controller doesn’t work on certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My wired Xbox controller doesn’t work on certain games: When I try play a game called rust with my new controller my lt and rt buttons do not do anything but everything else does and it used to work on my old controller. This controller also works on...
  9. Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?: It works with batteries, it’s just when I plug the wire in 0da6a4a9-e2ca-42ee-92e0-2c85881cb24d
  10. I need to have my controller repaired but web form doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to have my controller repaired but web form doesn’t work: I have tried 3 accounts 4 devices to fill in the stupid web form to have my forth yes forth controller series 2 elite fixed as I refuse to pay another 160 pound after 5 month but it will not let...