Controller doesn’t want to work for games

Discus and support Controller doesn’t want to work for games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I’m having an issue. I have two controllers. I can turn on both of them and use both to control the Xbox console. However, if I start up a game such... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jadeshaw3503, May 15, 2022.

1. Jadeshaw3503
    Jadeshaw3503 Guest

So I’m having an issue. I have two controllers. I can turn on both of them and use both to control the Xbox console. However, if I start up a game such as Disney’s Rush, or Overcooked, only one controller will work on the game. When trying to add a 2nd player the 2nd controller is unresponsive but is still able to control the Xbox guide.

I’ve tried power cycling the Xbox. I’ve power cycled the controllers. I’ve even taken off the auto sign-in registered to each controller. I tried plugging in a wired controller and I get the same results.

Anyone know how to fix this or why this is happeneing?

:)

Jadeshaw3503, May 15, 2022
  2. Jadeshaw3503 Win User

Yes. Both players have an Xbox account. I did try as a guest as well. And neither would work.

When the on screen option says something along the lines of “press ‘button’ to join” pressing any button on the second controller doesn’t register.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Do both players have Xbox accounts or are you adding a guest? A lot of games don't like guests. Also if memory serves you need to use the internal party construction system and not Xbox live
  4. Chris Hall-[xboxvenu Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 - Party chat doesn’t work

Same result. It doesn’t work. I can plug in my regular controller and it works fine. It just doesn’t work on the elite 2 controller.
  5. Major 0zzy Win User

My left/right trigger’s are not working on minecraft windows but works in every other gmae

This may be a problem in the game it’s self. Try checking the controls for Minecraft.

If that doesn’t work, reply.
  6. SB_Typical Win User

Syncing Problems

I did this and the Xbox still doesn’t want to sync I press the button and the it doesn’t indicate that’s it’s syncing with my controllers
Thema:

1. Controller doesn’t want to work for games - Similar Threads - Controller doesn’t games

2. Controller doesn’t respond to buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn’t respond to buttons: I was watching a show, when the episode ended, so I turned my controller back on from sleep. But when the light stopped flashing and went solid, none of the buttons were doing anything, including...
  3. Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesn’t work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesn’t work unless plugged in: My Xbox Elite 2 controller only works when plugged in. I noticed while playing the controller would disconnect occasionally and make me sign back in. The controller works while plugged in and...
  4. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  5. Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?: My parents bought me a Xbox certificated wired controller for Christmas,i was excited to get on the get game and talk to my friends. I plugged my mic port in and started to talk but my mic was...
  6. How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work: I was playing Fortnite today and noticed that I couldn’t move backwards and I would just keep going straight. I went to the Xbox controller test in the Xbox accessories app and when I try to move...
  7. Controller pairs but doesn’t work

in XboX Insiders
    Controller pairs but doesn’t work: So I’ve been having this issue a lot recently and I have no idea what causes it or why it’s happening. Whenever the controller turns itself off from inactivity and I return to turn it back on,...
  8. My wired Xbox controller doesn’t work on certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My wired Xbox controller doesn’t work on certain games: When I try play a game called rust with my new controller my lt and rt buttons do not do anything but everything else does and it used to work on my old controller. This controller also works on...
  9. Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?: It works with batteries, it’s just when I plug the wire in 0da6a4a9-e2ca-42ee-92e0-2c85881cb24d
  10. I need to have my controller repaired but web form doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to have my controller repaired but web form doesn’t work: I have tried 3 accounts 4 devices to fill in the stupid web form to have my forth yes forth controller series 2 elite fixed as I refuse to pay another 160 pound after 5 month but it will not let...