controller disconnection bug

Discus and support controller disconnection bug in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 1 TB xbox one x and my controller randomly disconnects for no apparent reason. My game will stop suddenly and say my controller is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Finn Jordan, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Finn Jordan
    Finn Jordan Guest

I have a 1 TB xbox one x and my controller randomly disconnects for no apparent reason. My game will stop suddenly and say my controller is disconnected, and the xbox button on my controller will start flashing like its trying to connect, pressing the button while its flashing seems to work to reconnect but its still pretty frustrating to be interrupted mid game. It doesn’t seem to be a battery issue because the controller doesn’t turn off and when i check on accessory settings its says my controller still has medium battery life. I also went and bought a new controller but it still has the same problem with disconnecting.Was wondering if theres anyone with similar issues and if it’s something that’s easily fixed or if i have to bring it in to microsoft?

:)

Finn Jordan, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Ana William Win User

This can be caused by a variety of factors, including a problem with the controller's connection, an issue with the Xbox One X's wireless receiver, or a problem with the controller's firmware.

Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:

1. Move your Xbox One X closer to your controller to ensure a stronger connection.
    2. Try resetting your controller by holding down the Xbox button and the sync button simultaneously for a few seconds.
    3. Try to update the controller's firmware by connecting it to your Xbox One X via USB cable, and check for any available updates.
    4. Try to reset your Xbox One X to its factory settings.
    5. Try to use a different USB cable and USB port to charge your controller, it may be an issue with the cable.
    6. If none of these solutions work, it may be necessary to contact Microsoft support for further assistance or bring it to a professional for repair.
    It's important to note that disconnecting controller issue may be caused by a hardware malfunction, which would require professional repair or replacement of the device.
  3. Finn Jordan Win User

This did not fix the problem
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Finn, I don't know if you've tried any procedure on the console, if you haven't tried it, follow the procedures below.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
  5. BR4DOKYBrazil Win User

Controllers Frequently Disconnecting

Before the September update, never had a problem disconnecting the controller! The controller LED blinks and it gets disconnected for 2 or 3 seconds and connect again! I believe it is not hardware but bug in update! Someone with the same problem after the
    last update?
  6. OzzyMoto-4F53B6C9-23 Win User

Minecraft won't stop freezing...

I've encountered the 'Inventory Freeze Screen' bug (I disconnect my controller and reconnect to fix -- definitely annoying but not a complete show stopper).
Thema:

1. controller disconnection bug - Similar Threads - controller disconnection bug

2. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  3. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  4. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  5. Constant controller disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant controller disconnect: Hi there, For the past few months, I've been experiencing the following symptoms with all of my controllers with my Xbox Series X: Intermittently disconnecting and reconnecting a few moments...
  6. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  7. xbox controller cant disconnect from my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller cant disconnect from my PC: My Xbox controller recently stopped connecting to my pc, and only works wirelessly. I have tried to unpair in Bluetooth, and get "failed to remove device". When I try to remove the device in...
  8. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  9. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  10. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...